21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I actually noticed that it’s good till 2027 so I didn’t even realize came with those three years. I thought only the blue cruise had three years but both those do.
Yep. 36 months after purchase of car. Mine is good until May 2025.
Sponsored

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Lucky me never needing to pre-condition so far. Mine expired last month. But of corse I have to use it because my Iphone gives directions like a drunk.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Nope, the entire "chargers" is greyed out. When you click on it, it tells you to go into ford pass and update your subscription.
IMHO Yes, if you plan to road trip.

You can still use the Charge assist app to locate and get directions to the charger. Not sure if it would precondition the battery. Setting a long trip destination will map your chargers. But that is useless as you cannot pick fast chargers only. So, if you do a lot of road trips the $80 is well worth it.

Or if you are fairly savvy with ABRP you can go without the onboarding navigation. But with the new access to the Supercharger and not all of them being open to us. Maybe it would be good to renew the navigation service.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yep. 36 months after purchase of car. Mine is good until May 2025.
so, what features of Nav actually expire ?
just Blue oval charger locations ?
'live' road weather/slowdown conditions info ?
what about street map updates (new streets, etc) ?

I am just over 36 mo from when I took delivery (2/26/21) , and my Nav still comes up and displays a map. I haven't noticed any changes. But, I don't have BlueCruise, so maybe it's a non-issue.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
so, what features of Nav actually expire ?
just Blue oval charger locations ?
'live' road weather/slowdown conditions info ?
what about street map updates (new streets, etc) ?

I am just over 36 mo from when I took delivery (2/26/21) , and my Nav still comes up and displays a map. I haven't noticed any changes. But, I don't have BlueCruise, so maybe it's a non-issue.
IMHO the expiration would stop updates overall for incremental geographic changes. A static NAV would then over time build up inaccuracies in its data for road improvements and charging point locations etc. This would of course take time and might be nearly immaterial compared to the likely functional life of the car.

Also the current weather conditions... and that would be merely a tiny inconvenience as radio weather updates and smart phone weather updates are available all over the place.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
IMHO the expiration would stop updates overall for incremental geographic changes. A static NAV would then over time build up inaccuracies in its data for road improvements and charging point locations etc. This would of course take time and might be nearly immaterial compared to the likely functional life of the car.

Also the current weather conditions... and that would be merely a tiny inconvenience as radio weather updates and smart phone weather updates are available all over the place.
street updates would be the only (small) issue for me since we have a fair amount of new development in the area ongoing. new subdivisions/streets where I sometimes have new clients.

I turned off 'auto-updates' for PowerUp months ago....(still running 4.3.4) I am wondering if that also has prevented Nav updates, or if that has been updating with it's own separate OTAs for geo and street data.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
IMHO Yes, if you plan to road trip.

You can still use the Charge assist app to locate and get directions to the charger. Not sure if it would precondition the battery. Setting a long trip destination will map your chargers. But that is useless as you cannot pick fast chargers only. So, if you do a lot of road trips the $80 is well worth it.

Or if you are fairly savvy with ABRP you can go without the onboarding navigation. But with the new access to the Supercharger and not all of them being open to us. Maybe it would be good to renew the navigation service.
I don't have the charge assist app. And the purpose isn't to get directions to a charger (can do that in a # of apps). The main purpose is to have it pre-condition the battery so that when plugged into the HV chargers it will charge at maximum speeds to minimize the amount of time needed at the charger. Not a big deal for most, but when doing road trips, if you can save 20-30 minutes per charging stop, it may add up to a significant amount of time.
Sponsored