benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Haha! I found the same page the other day after I saw someone's review of it on youtube. Neat idea, But I don't need to pay $150 to watch netflix on my screen.
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Shows why Tesla had gone to landscape with its screens.
At least the Mach E has a decently big screen, more than most cars. Making this practical

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Got this one

Screenshot_20210421-164111_Chrome.jpg
Can you confirm that GPS works on Google maps or something when running from that box on the Mach-E?

Apparently the Porsche/Audi/Mercedes version uses the vehicles onboard GPS, instead of the external GPS dongle that comes with the other Universal version.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
This appears to be a rooted Android device running Android Auto with certain bypass apps installed. There are articles describing how to do the same to an Android phone, but probably not suggested to do it on your main phone.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It's a rooted Android 7 device with 4GB RAM/32GB ROM intended for vehicles that do not have wireless CarPlay. In a way I understand this obsession to get Netflix or whatever video stream to show up on the vehicle's screen, I have tried plenty of things that are not practical just because I wanted to get it working. On the other hand, there are cheaper and sharper 10" tablets out there: Mach-E's screen is 8.3" wide, giving the CarPlay/Android Auto portion of the screen a diagonal size of only 9.5". I haven't seen any specs on the screen's resolution but I am certain there are fewer than 1920 pixels across the width.

OP
OP

Phatbui0516

First Name
Phat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Can you confirm that GPS works on Google maps or something when running from that box on the Mach-E?

Apparently the Porsche/Audi/Mercedes version uses the vehicles onboard GPS, instead of the external GPS dongle that comes with the other Universal version.
Opps I guess I got the universal one. Need external GPS module to work. But you can always swap to internal Maps.

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I have the Joyeauto MMB and it works and I can view any app from the play store but I do have some issues and I'm wondering how to fix them or if this is normal and what your'e experience has been so far.

The company has not been much help and I haven't found much online. I need to decide if I want to keep it with all the issues or use the money for something better. This was quite expensive for what it does but it was a birthday gift from my Husband and I am wondering if all the annoying little issues are worth it just to occasionally view my work emails, watch movies or play games while in my car.

When not connected to Playstation I get an annoying nag screen asking if I want to swap or ignore opening carplay. This pops up every few minutes and if I wanted to have carplay on I would do it. How can I remove this nag?

My voice command button does not work when using carplay/Playstation. It works fine in Android Auto or without anything connected. I've tested this several times and definitely does not work for anything when carplay is active.

When it loads, it stops all my music playing whether it's USB drive or Sirius and I have to press the forward button on the steering wheel to start playing or click on another sirius station and then back again.

The music player on the playstation screen does not work and it takes up a lot of space. How can this be removed?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I'm waiting for Naviks to roll out their digital video interface / video in motion module that alllows a user to plug in an HDMI device for viewing on the screen. I'll be using a FireStick or Roku stick for Netflix and other video services when charging or idling/waiting in the vehicle.

I prefer this solution because most of the Android boxes could have hidden "phone home" functions that become active when you give it an internet connection. NO THANK YOU.

Apple and Google already get enough from me.
Sponsored