New BlueCruise Cost/Service

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
It appears that the BlueCruise subscription is now $2,100 - I assume for three years - as covered in other threads.

First, I want to make sure my understanding is correct - BlueCruise is "just" the hands free part. Adaptive Cruise Control & lane keep assist aren't part of the subscription.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New BlueCruise Cost/Service 1683152221134

And, second, that seems like a lot for something that (for me) has significant gaps in coverage. It was a borderline call to renew at $600 for three years. At $700 a year, I wouldn't consider it at all. But, again, that's if all I'm losing is the intermittent hands-free mode.

Obviously, as a newish owner, I've got time to reflect and BlueCruise has time to get better before I need to make a decision.
Sponsored

reeflife

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
No way! I still stand there was no subscription when I ordered or on my window sticker. I guess someone wants legal battles.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The renewal is not likely to be $2100. That includes unlocking the hardware for new purchases. You already paid for your hardware.

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It appears that the BlueCruise subscription is now $2,100 - I assume for three years - as covered in other threads.

First, I want to make sure my understanding is correct - BlueCruise is "just" the hands free part. Adaptive Cruise Control & lane keep assist aren't part of the subscription.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New BlueCruise Cost/Service 1683152221134

And, second, that seems like a lot for something that (for me) has significant gaps in coverage. It was a borderline call to renew at $600 for three years. At $700 a year, I wouldn't consider it at all. But, again, that's if all I'm losing is the intermittent hands-free mode.

Obviously, as a newish owner, I've got time to reflect and BlueCruise has time to get better before I need to make a decision.
For the 2021 and 2022, the price for the hardware & subscription part of the comfort and tech package. I believe they changed that package in 2023 (for Select, not sure about the other models). That price is to "unlock" the hardware + 3 years of subscription to BlueCruise.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The $2,100 includes unlocking the hardware. The renewal should be the same for everyone, i.e. the $600.

I guess the question is - what OTHER hardware is in that $2,100 if you don't pay for it? 360 degree camera?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Why? It's still free for Job1 owners until the end of 2023.
If you renew, the renewal period is tacked on at the end of the trial. Renewing now may avoid future price increases?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Or future extensions of the free period?
If it gets extended, I’d expect the subscription to also be extended accordingly. Of course, I’ve been disappointed before! 😄

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If it gets extended, I’d expect the subscription to also be extended accordingly. Of course, I’ve been disappointed before! 😄
I guess you'd want to be pretty sure that you're going to keep the car for at least 4 more years to voluntarily commit to that subscription at this point. But to each their own.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
According to ford.com, at least on the GT's with the 400A package, the 360 camera is included. So the $2100 "activation" fee must just be to turn on the module or "add" the module for BlueCruise1.2. Also, it looks the recent "price cuts" look to have been cancelled out by the increased cost of 1.2 + the mobile charger. Lots of moving from one side of the ledger to the other. 😅

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Why? It's still free for Job1 owners until the end of 2023.
It wasn't when I renewed. I was in the first wave of Early Access ... my complimentary year was expiring. About a week after renewing I got the notice that the free period was extended to the end of the year.

Ford did reach out to me last Friday and gave me the choice of having the $600 refunded *or* just adding the extra months onto the end of the 3-year period.
Sponsored