New car arriving tomorrow

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Finally my new Mach E Select RWD standard range with tech plus is arriving tomorrow and I am very excited. What are the first things I need to do, or buy for my car to get the most out of it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NEMA 14-50 outlet for charger...
Thanks - but I'm in the UK. We already have 240v power as standard but we have 7.2kwh charging points installed which also increase the ampage from 13amps to 32amps. I have had a Hypervolt charger installed last month ready.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Aftermarket floor mats. I do not like the OEM.

Mudflaps. They make it easier to clean the car.

Armrest cover. The original fake leather get stained by ZnO easily.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Bosch A401H or Trico 15-G rear wiper blade. The stock blade is stupidly small. 😕🐩

Some sort of all-weather floor mats (I got the 3D MaxPider set, but there are some other really good ones out there). 😊🐩

AOSK matte screen protector for the center screen (hides those fingerprints). 😊🐩

MusterBuster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
On your first day, take plenty of time to go through the settings. Not all of them are obviously useful straight away, but there's been many times where I've said "I wish it would..." and that thing is hidden away in the settings 😂

The one I really like (and no one else seems to) is keeping the parking camera on for a while after stopping reversing. It can help if you need to pull forward a bit in your space.

Take time to set the seats up how you like them, and then save that setup to the profile buttons on the driver's side door. I have one setting for normal driving and another for "I'm eating a maccys in a car park and need some damn footroom".

Finally - get setup in the FordPass app and get your charge point sorted. Set your maximum charge to 90% and a charging schedule that doesn't slam the grid during busy hours.

OP
OP

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On your first day, take plenty of time to go through the settings. Not all of them are obviously useful straight away, but there's been many times where I've said "I wish it would..." and that thing is hidden away in the settings 😂

The one I really like (and no one else seems to) is keeping the parking camera on for a while after stopping reversing. It can help if you need to pull forward a bit in your space.

Take time to set the seats up how you like them, and then save that setup to the profile buttons on the driver's side door. I have one setting for normal driving and another for "I'm eating a maccys in a car park and need some damn footroom".

Finally - get setup in the FordPass app and get your charge point sorted. Set your maximum charge to 90% and a charging schedule that doesn't slam the grid during busy hours.
I suspect I’ll be spending all weekend messing about with the settings 🤣

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Finally my new Mach E Select RWD standard range with tech plus is arriving tomorrow and I am very excited. What are the first things I need to do, or buy for my car to get the most out of it?
Nothing😁

Just enjoy😁😁

Don’t know if you’re new to EV but welcome into the water, it’s just fine.

If you do a load of mileage see if you got 3-phase supply, some domestic properties do, and if so look into having a 3-phase charger for a 7 hour charge from 0 to 100% overnight.

Otherwise it’s a matter of seeing which drive mode’s the best for you. They’re all virtually the same in terms of range hungriness!

Try OPD, once you get used to that I’m sure you’ll find it’s amazing, the brake pedal becomes redundant, and it’s more amazing along with adaptive cruise control.

I’d suggest avoiding getting carried along on the crest of the wave of overthinking everything which seems to prevail, it’ll spoil your enjoyment.

I’ve done 71,500 since June ‘21, have bought c23,000kWh of electricity, c6,000kWh of which on DCFC, and I don’t mean Derby County (!).

I use ZapMap to identify where the chargers are and each individual provider’s app with which I have accounts provide live data so I know how many charge points are at a location and how many are actually available, never disappointed when I turn up at charge points.

The infrastructure which the anti-EV propagandist press and ICE-age man will continue to tell you is poor is really very good here in the UK.

Have a great time with your ‘Stang!

IMG_1287.jpeg

OP
OP

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing😁

Just enjoy😁😁

Don’t know if you’re new to EV but welcome into the water, it’s just fine.

If you do a load of mileage see if you got 3-phase supply, some domestic properties do, and if so look into having a 3-phase charger for a 7 hour charge from 0 to 100% overnight.

Otherwise it’s a matter of seeing which drive mode’s the best for you. They’re all virtually the same in terms of range hungriness!

Try OPD, once you get used to that I’m sure you’ll find it’s amazing, the brake pedal becomes redundant, and it’s more amazing along with adaptive cruise control.

I’d suggest avoiding getting carried along on the crest of the wave of overthinking everything which seems to prevail, it’ll spoil your enjoyment.

I’ve done 71,500 since June ‘21, have bought c23,000kWh of electricity, c6,000kWh of which on DCFC, and I don’t mean Derby County (!).

I use ZapMap to identify where the chargers are and each individual provider’s app with which I have accounts provide live data so I know how many charge points are at a location and how many are actually available, never disappointed when I turn up at charge points.

The infrastructure which the anti-EV propagandist press and ICE-age man will continue to tell you is poor is really very good here in the UK.

Have a great time with your ‘Stang!

IMG_1287.jpeg
Thanks! Can’t wait!!

OP
OP

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bosch A401H or Trico 15-G rear wiper blade. The stock blade is stupidly small. 😕🐩

Some sort of all-weather floor mats (I got the 3D MaxPider set, but there are some other really good ones out there). 😊🐩

AOSK matte screen protector for the center screen (hides those fingerprints). 😊🐩
Screen protector certainly sounds like a good idea!!