rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Hi Received my Mache AWD Thursday which as a complete petrol head came as a BIG shock to my friends . With several thirsty cars and a carbon footprint to equal King Kong I decided it was time to make my raindrop in the ocean of saving the planet.
I am OK with technology but finding some of the items a bit of an issue and appreciate any help as I cannot find answers searching net
1. Have had no luck gaining entry by touch keypad how do you select the second number ?
2. There is a single lane to my house and yesterday I had to back up quite a distance to let a lady in her car out. Suddenly the brakes slammed on and as there are no brake lights at the front the dear lady had to react pretty quick to avoid running into me. There was nothing at the rear other than a stray foxglove branch
3. Whilst driving on road with nothing at front or rear a red notice came up to warn of anti collision braking (or words to that affect)
4. have tried all solutions on web but I can not get my journeys to show my journeys phone app.
Other than that I really like the car ........ so far !!
Sponsored

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Hi Rodbin

As I've not got my Mach e yet I can't comment on the technology but as regards your false positives are all the sensor areas on the car clean (including windscreen camera area) as dirt build up may affect these? Also has any ceramic coating been applied in the sensor areas? On my previous cars there was always a warning about coatings applied on sensor or radar areas although in practice I didn't notice any difference with a professionally applied ceramic coating.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Hi Received my Mache AWD Thursday which as a complete petrol head came as a BIG shock to my friends . With several thirsty cars and a carbon footprint to equal King Kong I decided it was time to make my raindrop in the ocean of saving the planet.
I am OK with technology but finding some of the items a bit of an issue and appreciate any help as I cannot find answers searching net
1. Have had no luck gaining entry by touch keypad how do you select the second number ?
2. There is a single lane to my house and yesterday I had to back up quite a distance to let a lady in her car out. Suddenly the brakes slammed on and as there are no brake lights at the front the dear lady had to react pretty quick to avoid running into me. There was nothing at the rear other than a stray foxglove branch
3. Whilst driving on road with nothing at front or rear a red notice came up to warn of anti collision braking (or words to that affect)
4. have tried all solutions on web but I can not get my journeys to show my journeys phone app.
Other than that I really like the car ........ so far !!
Hi there are lots of safety assists. You can turn them off in the settings. Most of those issues are due to the assist incorrectly firing.
For the key code there is a card in your hand book (in glove box). Use that master code to set your own number in the settings.

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Hi Rodbin

As I've not got my Mach e yet I can't comment on the technology but as regards your false positives are all the sensor areas on the car clean (including windscreen camera area) as dirt build up may affect these? Also has any ceramic coating been applied in the sensor areas? On my previous cars there was always a warning about coatings applied on sensor or radar areas although in practice I didn't notice any difference with a professionally applied ceramic coating.
Hi Thanks for reply they are clean realise I turn it off but seems a bit of a flaw

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Hi there are lots of safety assists. You can turn them off in the settings. Most of those issues are due to the assist incorrectly firing.
For the key code there is a card in your hand book (in glove box). Use that master code to set your own number in the settings.
Hi thanks for reply yes I realise I can turn it off and probably will do but nevertheless seems a flaw
Re Key code I have the code but cannot find how to enter the second of the two numbers i.e on 3-4 how do you select 4

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
You push 3-4. If your code is 2468 for example, click 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8. The 1-2 button is both 1 & 2

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
so
You push 3-4. If your code is 2468 for example, click 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8. The 1-2 button is both 1 & 2
Yes I realise now that there is no difference so 3508 would also open the door :confused:

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I must admit, I don’t like it….at all…I wish I could turn it off.

It means, in the future….if I sell my Mach-e….and I find it in years to come, I can enter the vehicle should I so wish. All without setting the alarm off.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I must admit, I don’t like it….at all…I wish I could turn it off.

It means, in the future….if I sell my Mach-e….and I find it in years to come, I can enter the vehicle should I so wish. All without setting the alarm off.
Is there some sort of master reset if you sell it?

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there some sort of master reset if you sell it?
Nope. The factory code remains with the life of the vehicle. It cannot be changed.
the code is even printed on the module under the footwell.

Major security oversight in my opinion.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Nope. The factory code remains with the life of the vehicle. It cannot be changed.
the code is even printed on the module under the footwell.

Major security oversight in my opinion.
How many of your previous cars have you ran in to after selling them whilst also keeping hold of the security codes?

Same could apply to fobs, could it not?. Who’s to say I handed them all in when I sold the car? And in that case I could drive the whole car away If I managed to see it again whilst also having the fob in my pocket. ?

Also, you may not recognise the car. Someone could easily change the number plate. I.e. personal plates.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How many of your previous cars have you ran in to after selling them whilst also keeping hold of the security codes?

Same could apply to fobs, could it not?. Who’s to say I handed them all in when I sold the car? And in that case I could drive the whole car away If I managed to see it again whilst also having the fob in my pocket. ?

Also, you may not recognise the car. Someone could easily change the number plate. I.e. personal plates.
I have actually seen a previously sold vehicle. Not one but two.

A Ford Fiesta and a Ford puma…..but I digress.

Fobs can be completely reprogrammed/deleted using GFDRS. The factory code cannot. I believe a replacement BCM is the only way.

regarding the code, I have a very good memory for numbers….I can remember certain long numbers from over 10 years ago.

I do see your point, but it would annoy me if someone got a hold of my code, either by seeing my card (which is hidden away in my house, seeing me enter the code, or somehow seeing the label on the BCM module) they can get in my car.

My factory code, when you type it on the pillar, is something that could be accepted by random kids playing with it. I wouldn’t mind so much if you could change the factory code, but you can’t.

Dealers can access this code…..anytime. It only takes one rogue dealer to pass this to someone “who needs it”, and they are in.

Yes, all of this is unlikely, but if they gave me a simple option to disable it, I’d feel happier

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I have actually seen a previously sold vehicle. Not one but two.

A Ford Fiesta and a Ford puma…..but I digress.

Fobs can be completely reprogrammed/deleted using GFDRS. The factory code cannot. I believe a replacement BCM is the only way.

regarding the code, I have a very good memory for numbers….I can remember certain long numbers from over 10 years ago.

I do see your point, but it would annoy me if someone got a hold of my code, either by seeing my card (which is hidden away in my house, seeing me enter the code, or somehow seeing the label on the BCM module) they can get in my car.

My factory code, when you type it on the pillar, is something that could be accepted by random kids playing with it. I wouldn’t mind so much if you could change the factory code, but you can’t.

Dealers can access this code…..anytime. It only takes one rogue dealer to pass this to someone “who needs it”, and they are in.

Yes, all of this is unlikely, but if they gave me a simple option to disable it, I’d feel happier
The option to disable it may well be an option in a future OTA. Especially if drivers provide that feedback to Ford although they have been using Securicode in the US on and off for 40 years.

Have to say that I’ve never used it and don’t see any reason why I would so to be honest I wouldn’t miss it!?
Sponsored