Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Check with your dealers. My date slipped from 8/11 to 8/21 on the Ford website, but my dealer says he shows 8/3.
Sponsored

Patelmil

First Name
Mil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
Check again...mine on the tracker here on the forum (not on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site) just jumped back from 10/31 to 8/31 which is still later than originally planned, but definitely sooner than Halloween.
Still 10/31. Hoping it will change. Thx.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Check again...mine on the tracker here on the forum (not on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site) just jumped back from 10/31 to 8/31 which is still later than originally planned, but definitely sooner than Halloween.
Just two data points, but it is encouraging nevertheless to see some movement. Maybe a solution to whatever has been preventing new vehicles from being completed and shipped is now in sight.

Mine was produced this Wednesday, with an estimated delivery date of 8/28. I have been expecting the ETA to slip to the catch-all date of 10/31 within a few days, this gives me hope it won't be pushed out that far.

MYOUTH

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Proud Owner of a Premium SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My date went from 8/13 to 10/31 and now today we have changed to 8/28 yeah

Foolsk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair. Mustang Mach E soon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Almost all of these are chip delays. Many cars are built like so many other manufacturers they are just sitting and waiting for chips. Most articles regarding auto companies and chip shortages show 100’s of cars sitting in lots waiting for chips. Not going to get many answers from dealers as they can only tell that computer just shows car built waiting for chip.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Almost all of these are chip delays. Many cars are built like so many other manufacturers they are just sitting and waiting for chips. Most articles regarding auto companies and chip shortages show 100’s of cars sitting in lots waiting for chips. Not going to get many answers from dealers as they can only tell that computer just shows car built waiting for chip.
Chips do not go directly into cars. They must be assembled onto printed circuit boards and then go into modules. The cars will sit waiting for the module which is plugged into the car. Once Fords supplier gets a shipment of chips to build into a module everything else can be scheduled with relative certainty. This explains your dates jumping around.

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
Real progress: Yesterday forum tracker changed ETA from 10/31 to 9/4. Today Reservations Viewer also shows ETA end date as 9/4, along with showing ETA start date as 8/29, and for the first time a release date of 7/16 (looking at reservation details). Best of all, Ford site now shows "Built" with estimated arrival at dealer as 8/28 to 9/3. Only the Ford Order Tracker hasn't changed yet but probably will soon. I was really worried yesterday when I read that Ford might be shipping cars to dealers to install semiconductors. Seems at least in my case this didn't apply to Mach-e and that they have completed the build three weeks later than the production date of 6/26. My original 8/17 ETA slipping to 9/4 also reflects this three week delay.

Last edited:

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Real progress: Yesterday forum tracker changed ETA from 10/31 to 9/4. Today Reservations Viewer also shows ETA end date as 9/4, along with showing ETA start date as 8/29, and for the first time a release date of 7/16 (looking at reservation details). Best of all, Ford site now shows "Built" with estimated arrival at dealer as 8/28 to 9/3. Only the Ford Order Tracker hasn't changed yet but probably will soon. I was really worried yesterday when I read that Ford might be shipping cars to dealers to install semiconductors. Seems at least in my case this didn't apply to Mach-e and that they have completed the build three weeks later than the production date of 6/26. My original 8/17 ETA slipping to 9/4 also reflects this three week delay.
This is great to hear, and thank you for all the detail.

Others are also reporting estimated delivery dates switch from 10/31 to August/September as well. However, you are the first I've seen report that you also have a "Built" status and s shipping date.

With an in production date of 6/26 (which is end of build week 6/20), you also have one of the earliest builds affected by the delay. So it's no surprise you are one of the first to see yours finally be "built". Hopefully this begins to cascade to those of us with week 6/27, 7/4, and 7/11 builds.

Right now, all week 7/4 GTs (the first week for the GT) are still returning 10/31 while week 7/11 GTs would not have seen ETA dates go to 10/31 for a couple more days. And now maybe they never will, but even if they do briefly, it looks like the end is in sight.

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
Others are also reporting estimated delivery dates switch from 10/31 to August/September as well. However, you are the first I've seen report that you also have a "Built" status and shipping date.

With an in production date of 6/26
Hopefully a minor correction. I do have Built status, but not yet saying shipped.

Others are also reporting estimated delivery dates switch from 10/31 to August/September as well. However, you are the first I've seen report that you also have a "Built" status and s shipping date.

With an in production date of 6/26 (which is end of build week 6/20), you also have one of the earliest builds affected by the delay. So it's no surprise you are one of the first to see yours finally be "built". Hopefully this begins to cascade to those of us with week 6/27, 7/4, and 7/11 builds.

Right now, all week 7/4 GTs (the first week for the GT) are still returning 10/31 while week 7/11 GTs would not have seen ETA dates go to 10/31 for a couple more days. And now maybe they never will, but even if they do briefly, it looks like the end is in sight.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Bobobobob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Like several others, good news on dates!

ordered 3/16/21
Build week 6/20/21
Production start 6/28/21
Delivery moved to 10/31/21

now showing as actually built with delivery estimate of 8/30 to 9/6!

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like several others, good news on dates!

ordered 3/16/21
Build week 6/20/21
Production start 6/28/21
Delivery moved to 10/31/21

now showing as actually built with delivery estimate of 8/30 to 9/6!
Awesome! Do you have a "Ship Date" in the forum tracker? Or, if using https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking, do you see a date under status "Built"?

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hopefully a minor correction. I do have Built status, but not yet saying shipped.
Just follow up, the forum tracker still doesn't have a "Ship Date" for your VIN.

I think it's fantastic that 10/31 delivery dates are going away. Unfortunately, until vehicles start actually shipping to customers, we don't know for sure if things are back to normal... yet.

Bobobobob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My GT order was in production as of yesterday, today shows sticker and palsap pending, but no delivery date filled in yet on Ford tracker.
Sponsored