John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Not really competition for the MME, but another BEV nonetheless. This is good for Ohio, but how about encouraging the adoption of EV's now that Ohio will be producing them? In California, if you buy an EV, you get a $2,500 tax credit on top of the Federal tax credit. But . . . Ohio punishes you if you buy an EV, Plug in Hybrid, or even a Hybrid. With the new gas tax, the cave-man legislature decided that Hybrids pay $100 MORE to register, and plug in Hybrids and BEV's pay $200 more to register their cars. If I drive my Fusion Energi 12,000 miles this year, I will pay Ohio $245 dollars in taxes and registration for that privilege. Had I bought a gas powered only Fusion, in the same 12,000 miles I would pay $171 in taxes. It may not seem like much, but what the legislature did with the new gas tax is totally antithetical to what Ohio should be doing to encourage EV adoption. Especially NOW.
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Lordstown Motors is attempting to secure the USPS contract to build a new postal service vehicle. Huge plant they obtained for "peanuts" GM's new battery plant is under construction across the "street/Turnpike". There is a lot to like about this location and future potential.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
The biggest deal about the design is the wheel hub motors. If that is successful, then they will be good. It is a new gamble, but could pay off.
Sponsored