Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Got a try FordPass 5 button in the app. I like that the language is more EV centric but I hate that they buried the frunk button in a menu… again. The fan button turns on climate control.

IMG_0652.png

IMG_0653.png

IMG_0654.png
Which update is this, there is no update in the App Store.

Geep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid, 2018 Ford Escape Sport
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For those with an Apple Watch with cellular, one big improvement is the AW app. Not only does it look and work better, it can be used without a phone. The previous FordPass you had to still have the phone nearby to use the watch functions even with a cellular AW. Now it works without the phone. PaaK still requires the phone at this time though, it's just the start/lock/unlock buttons to be clear.
What is “Paak”?

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
It looks nice, but our phones aren't 3.8" 800x480 screens anymore. They should be able to fit everything you need immediate access to on the main screen. 90% of my interaction could be 1 click after opening the app.
Exactly the feedback I gave. The car picture does nothing. They could fit all important controls on 1 screen without requiring scrolling.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Can anyone using the new version tell whether the lock status is indicated anywhere (whether the car is currently locked or unlocked)?
Maybe? The car is parked (and locked) right now, and the new app says "Vehicle Parked" on the home screen. However, I'm not sure if the vehicle must be locked in order to report this screen. It's possible that the vehicle can be unlocked and simply 'in Park'. I'll try to test shortly.

Edit: unfortunately, new app doesn't seem to report lock status. In my quick tests I see "Car on" when it's on and "Car parked" when it's in park and not On (I think accessory mode also counts as not On), even though the car is unlocked. I haven't noticed any other status messages. When I tap the lock icon it gives a visually satisfying response that the car is locked, but it only lasts a few seconds then goes back to saying "Car parked.

The app is still in development so perhaps that will change.

Last edited:

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
Finally us Eurovision’s get some goodies! 😅 Downloaded the pro version and it’s just a lot better. Only minus is that you can’t use it to plan trips as map has bee n removed in this version. Then again, only used that feature once so not biggie. Thanks for sharing info about this!

Edit: Clicking battery brings up map …lol! Guess there are some minor tweaks needing.

Last edited:

dwst480

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Vapor Blue MME Premium RWD ER, 2015 Mazda6
Country flag
Got a try FordPass 5 button in the app. I like that the language is more EV centric but I hate that they buried the frunk button in a menu… again. The fan button turns on climate control.

IMG_0652.png

IMG_0653.png

IMG_0654.png
Didn't read all 10 pages of the thread to see if anyone had given you props on your car's name, but I'll give those props. 🖖

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Is it just me or is my vehicle’s picture way lower resolution than everyone else who’s sharing screenshots in here?

IMG_1525.png

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Ford brought these computer techs into their server room to bring the FordPass app into the future! I hear they know a lot about advanced computer technology. ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. Computer Techs

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is it just me or is my vehicle’s picture way lower resolution than everyone else who’s sharing screenshots in here?
Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. blink

I have to say, I don't give a rat's ass whether my car appears or not, whether it's the right color, or not, or fuzzy or not.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Diagnosing the problem...
Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. At Work

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. At Work

I have to say, I don't give a rat's ass whether my car appears or not, whether it's the right color, or not, or fuzzy or not.
If they're going to keep a picture of the car front and center, on the home screen, I'd at least like to have a nice, clear picture.