thecodingart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid AGT, Mach-e
Occupation
Former Platform Software Engineer Lead - @Ford on FordPass
Country flag
Yeah, I figured the vehicle software definitely plays a part, but I suspected maybe the app also played a part because the bug only manifests when PAAK is active. When I unlink my phone as a PAAK device the profile bug never triggers.
Nah, not the app 🙂↔
Sponsored

dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
I am trying the beta. I no longer see a place to view my Ford Connected Charger (my at home level II Ford branded charger) from the app. Anyone know where this went? Way to support your own charger Ford!
Energy Tab > Advanced Section : Charge Station

invisiblegecko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Do you have any insight on the FordPass Pro App that people in Europe (UK?) posted screenshots of around page 9 of this thread? Curious why they seem to have a different app with a completely different interface. Even if regulatory and Ford structural reasons result in a separate app being indicated, a unified interface and codebase would seem logical to me.
FordPass Pro is marketed as a commercially focused app, for tradespeople with a Transit van for example. However the app supports all Ford connected vehicles, so anyone with a compatible vehicle (in Europe) can use this app.

The description from the iOS App Store for example:

The Ford App designed to help your business thrive.

You can be more efficient at work when your car does more for you than just drive.

Download FordPass Pro, the companion App that connects up to 5 compatible Ford business vehicles (1) – vans or other Fords (2). Made to support your daily work routine, the App focuses on Security, Productivity and Health, but the features don't stop there.

dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
Yeah, I figured the vehicle software definitely plays a part, but I suspected maybe the app also played a part because the bug only manifests when PAAK is active. When I unlink my phone as a PAAK device the profile bug never triggers.
Do you actually have a profile linked to your phone as a key? If you haven't, I wouldn't be surprised if the car is selecting largely random profiles or whatever was last used but potentially forgetting that.

There have been a number of defects around profiles called out in OTA notes, both in the past and recently (24-PU0121-FTDI-FX the most recent, the notes are a little weird though as there is no "FordPass profile" in the vehicle, the issue is that doing a remote start would reliably put the vehicle into Guest mode and it had to be manually corrected). It's probably worth checking the profiles and unlinking them from keyfob/paak and then re-linking them.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Do you actually have a profile linked to your phone as a key? If you haven't, I wouldn't be surprised if the car is selecting largely random profiles or whatever was last used but potentially forgetting that.

There have been a number of defects around profiles called out in OTA notes, both in the past and recently (24-PU0121-FTDI-FX the most recent, the notes are a little weird though as there is no "FordPass profile" in the vehicle, the issue is that doing a remote start would reliably put the vehicle into Guest mode and it had to be manually corrected). It's probably worth checking the profiles and unlinking them from keyfob/paak and then re-linking them.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried unlinking and relinking profiles before and it never seemed to help in the past.

What I will say is:
1) I haven't yet received 24-PU0121-FTDI-FX yet so maybe there are fixes there to look forward to, and

2) I actually haven't experienced the bug in at least a couple of weeks, so perhaps another recent software update (like 6.14 or one of the Priority Updates) has done something to help resolve the issue.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I am quite pleased with FP5 beta so far. Thank you developers, testers, and management that made this happen. It definitely feels much better to me.

It's still missing a few things (or I can't find them) such as the place where it shows the P&C networks (Electrify America and Tesla) you have available.

I really appreciate that the new app home screen puts a placeholder for the car pic that's the same size as the car pic until the car pic loads which has the wonderful effect of preventing the control buttons below from shifting around. THANK YOU! FP4 continues to not put a placeholder pic and the buttons shift. It also feels like FP5 is just plain faster all around (yay!), including loading the car pic.

Keep the improvements coming.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I'd argue the FordPass app isn't a driving function. Maybe you've granted a family member access so they can unlock the car to retrieve an item they forgot.
You could argue a lot of unusual, one-off use cases, but the exception should not dictate what is better for the vast majority (until you get the ADA involved, I suppose).

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have the latest (formerly beta) experience that's now starting to roll out? For me, on a Pixel 8 Pro phone, there's no scrolling at all. Also, the functions are "tap on" and "tap off," so no need to hold down a button to activate a function (like to unlock the car or start climate control).

That said, depending on your phone screen size and the size of your font, I'm sure it might scroll in some situations, but the tap on/off may be helpful to you even so.
I have the latest version. I'm rocking an iPhone 11 Pro, so definitely not the biggest screen, but I don't care for phones the size of mini-tablets. I really think FP could be designed to not require scrolling even on a modestly-size screen like what I've got. There is a lot of wasted space.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really appreciate that the new app home screen puts a placeholder for the car pic that's the same size as the car pic until the car pic loads which has the wonderful effect of preventing the control buttons below from shifting around. THANK YOU! FP4 continues to not put a placeholder pic and the buttons shift. It also feels like FP5 is just plain faster all around (yay!), including loading the car pic.

Keep the improvements coming.
Seems like they put a lot of thought and work into that... car pic... that does nothing. One might wonder if it might have been easier to ditch said car pic?

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Seems like they put a lot of thought and work into that... car pic... that does nothing.
It's aesthetically pleasing. 😁
Edit: Thought of another use. If I forget what my car looks like, it's a nice reminder. 😉

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
yeah that doesn’t exist in my app. Strange.
They mentioned earlier, there is this 5.0 Beta and the EAP Beta which will keep getting earlier updates, EAP Beta will have more functionality.

sean7512

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT Grabber Blue & Cyber Orange
Country flag
It's aesthetically pleasing. 😁
Edit: Thought of another use. If I forget what my car looks like, it's a nice reminder. 😉
We have 2 MMEs and the picture is the fastest and easiest way to know which car I am looking at!

Although our Cyber Orange has no picture and the app looks boring and crappy without it. But seeing theGrabber Blue picture or no picture is my clue as to which car I am controlling.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
We have 2 MMEs and the picture is the fastest and easiest way to know which car I am looking at!
Wow, has more uses than most of us realized. Thanks for informing us.

Rohan

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 Premium AWD
Country flag