Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
My Mach-E just got back from the charge coupler replacement last week. All the latest updates were applied, etc., and it has just under 70,000 miles on it.

When I charge overnight to my 90% preset, the charge will show 89% or 90% in the morning. The past few days the charge has been showing 90% or 91% consistently. Today was the first time I saw the % increase while driving. I started at 90% and over the course of the first 4 miles of driving I observed the GOM increase from 90% to 93%, while the range stayed steady for those 4 miles. The terrain was level the whole time and my speed was probably 35mph on average.

I do realize the GOM is just an approximation, so I am wondering if I was observing a real time adjustment based on my current driving behavior, or the computer opening up a few cells due to normal wear and tear of the high volt battery. The only time I have seen an increase in the GOM is during long downhill drives.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I’ve seen this happen before. I chalked it up to temperature fluctuations. To a certain extent, as the battery temperature changes so does it’s available capacity.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It’s still learning the battery after the updates, it will probably be back to normal in a week.
Sponsored