Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Have you figured anything out on this? I am having the EXACT same issues, minus having the Paak update. My ER AWD suddenly lost about 100 miles on the GOM, with no changes to environmental or driving characteristics. Charging has slowed considerably. I understand that it's called a GOM for a reason, but 100 mile range loss on the meter, out of nowhere, seems to point to a problem. Best GOM I get now is about 230.
When driving what mi/kwh are you getting? If that hasn't changed then there is no "real" problem. I suspect the reason it seems to charge slower is that you are looking at the "miles added" instead of the percentage. Look at the percentage added over time as your guide to whether it is charging slower. Better yet multiply that by 88 to know how many kwh you are ACTUALLY getting over a period of time.

The GOM and charging in the app appear to use the same deeply flawed algorithm to compute range/efficiency. Do yourself a favor and treat what the GOM says with the same level of trust you give a politician running for reelection.
Sponsored

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Good morning. Would you please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage so we can look into the PAAK issue for you? I'd love to help you sort this out so you can get back to driving your Mach E carefree!
I'm really glad there watching and reading. But it still freaks me out when I see the Big Blue Oval responding. Like the Principal wants to talk to you!!! LOL. #trustissues

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
if I put my car in Engage +L, and use ICC
I'm an EV newbie trying to learn. What I don't understand here is the use of L, seemingly on a regular basis.

1. I thought that the point with L is to slow down the car when you're going downhill. Wouldn't L cause resistance in every other situation but downhill, thereby increasing consumption?

2. It seems that people are using L also in combination with Whisper mode. I would think that L reduces the coasting effect, thereby counteracting the coasting ...

Would you help me understand, please?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I'm an EV newbie trying to learn. What I don't understand here is the use of L, seemingly on a regular basis.

1. I thought that the point with L is to slow down the car when you're going downhill. Wouldn't L cause resistance in every other situation but downhill, thereby increasing consumption?

2. It seems that people are using L also in combination with Whisper mode. I would think that L reduces the coasting effect, thereby counteracting the coasting ...

Would you help me understand, please?
“L” does indeed increase regenerative breaking when you lift off the accelerator. It has no affect while you are accelerating or coasting with your foot still on the pedal, calling for no deceleration.

The various drive modes affect more than just regenerative breaking. They also affect throttle mapping, and steering feel.
Sponsored