First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Honda CR-V
Country flag
Hi All,

Probably a silly question but I thought I might as well ask anyways. I had a reservation back in November 23rd of 2019 (so Day 1!). Crappily I had to cancel early 2020 because of some financial problems due to a global s**tshow I’m sure no one else had issues with /s. But I am planning on placing another order, but want to make sure I get it by the end of this year for tax reasons.

The dealer told me if I ordered today it would probably arrive around October. Does that sound accurate?
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Mach E GT PE Order Screenshot_20210716-192341

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
I placed my order July 8th and the online order "said" 24+ weeks, but my dealer has no idea when it might come; S&%*show slowing production down, chip shortage and other reasons given

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I don't think October is likely to happen. Two months after production seems to be rough delivery expectations and folks who ordered in April are getting august build dates. I'd say build date around October might be realistic with deliver end of year or early next year

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Alright, “magic 8-ball unrelated, but will I find love?”
You will love your GT.

My order was approved Jan 2. Car was delivered May 29. Will be tight. Order but look for your exact car as a customer refused and you just may find one if you do not mind driving. Good to hedge.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
Ford has said it will take to the end of the year to fufill reservation holder's GTs so I wouldn't count on an October delivery.

OP
OP

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Honda CR-V
Country flag
You will love your GT.

My order was approved Jan 2. Car was delivered May 29. Will be tight. Order but look for your exact car as a customer refused and you just may find one if you do not mind driving. Good to hedge.
Good to know:

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Mach E GT PE Order C256FF49-5992-40F9-A7B0-342308A41422

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Hi All,

Probably a silly question but I thought I might as well ask anyways. I had a reservation back in November 23rd of 2019 (so Day 1!). Crappily I had to cancel early 2020 because of some financial problems due to a global s**tshow I’m sure no one else had issues with /s. But I am planning on placing another order, but want to make sure I get it by the end of this year for tax reasons.

The dealer told me if I ordered today it would probably arrive around October. Does that sound accurate?
I can say my own experience is I ordered about 4-5 weeks ago and don't have a VIN or anything yet. I have the order number and that's all, can't even put it in my ford pass app yet.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bitter, I set my expectations to be end of the year at best, if it's sooner then great.

I did a regular GT, but I understand all versions of the MME have equal weight in production and no one gets priority.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I ordered my GT May 12, back then it was still a 28+ week estimate, which puts me middle/end of November at the earliest. Given other delays I've seen, I'll consider myself lucky if it arrives this calendar year. However, I think the advice above to watch dealerships (+ order) could be the way to go, there's been more popping up on lots than I would have expected, granted the markups they're getting is a hassle to deal with.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Ordered my in April with a 24+ week estimated and wanted it for Halloween. Right now, no idea. Maybe this year, possibly. It is anyone's guess at this point.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I converted my reservation to an order as soon as GTs could be ordered (ordered a GT-PE). I have had no news at all about an estim ated production week, delivery dates, or anything other than my order was accepted. The only communication I have gotten from Ford Corporate since acceptance is due to production delays. The communication only indicated that my order would be produced before January 1 2022.

OP
OP

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Honda CR-V
Country flag
Just put an order in for the GT PE Grabber Blue yesterday. Super excited to be back in it, thanks for the information guys
Sponsored