Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
This seems comparable to the performance of E-10 gas vs 100% gas - lower efficiency, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly.
That's not true at all. E10 is a net loss all the way around. It also increases CO2 emissions by 25%. It also impacts food prices as well. E10 and the upcoming E15 are a net loss in all aspects except to farmers, and those within their supply chain. On the consumer end it's bad all the way around.

Come next year however, we're going to see E10 become a rarity as the corn gets converted to foodstuffs to feed the planet. It's going to be worth more as food than fuel regardless subsidies, which was a really stupid thing to do in the first place (wasting fertile ground for fuel, which we've got plenty of), but that's going to be rectified thanks to the war in europe.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Notice I how I never mention degradation. Li-ion batteries fail randomly like how engines can fail too. All it takes is a single cell to fail and an entire battery module needs to be replaced (usually the entire pack with a new refurb pack).

The likelihood seems higher around the 8-10 year mark but I don't have data. It could be Tesla EVs have X percentage of failures annually but since they are under warranty you hear little about it and Tesla is probably secretive of such figures. Will bug Electrified Garage Ocala about any info they have.
I hope that doesn’t end up being common with car batteries, but that’s certainly been my experience with things like LED light bulbs which in theory can last a decade plus but in practice seem to crap out after a few years due to some subpar component.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I hope that doesn’t end up being common with car batteries, but that’s certainly been my experience with things like LED light bulbs which in theory can last a decade plus but in practice seem to crap out after a few years due to some subpar component.
Look into dubai LED bulbs. They've legislated some of that away ;)

Reactions: ARK

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
This feels like such a huge step backwards. Why is this being promoted as a good thing?
For people that are happy with the standard battery range, LFP batteries do have advantages.

For me, I really, really like the longer range option, so I'll wait for next gen batteries before considering something different.
Sponsored