Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1/11/2022 pick up of vehicle,
1/15/2022, now have 132 miles on the vehicle
My observations thus far-
It took a day or two for the FordPass App and the Mach-e to sync/ get to know each other….

SecuriAlert, is a nice feature, it alerts you if any doors are being opened, I have it set to 24 hrs, may become tedious, but we’ll see

Received 2 Fobs with the car, don’t plan on using phone as a key until some time down the road

I love the Space White color

The Steering is tight, the ride is stiff…. Would not call it bouncy…

Love the 1-pedal driving feature… You can actually control your braking distance by how you modulate the pedal..

The Sync Info Center has worked flawlessly for me, no real lagging that I have noticed
There are a boatload of settings to learn

I like the Camera system, it works great and helps me get the car into a tight fitting garage

I am using the mobile charger in a 240 outlet, and charging limit is set to 90%

The car keeps the battery at a certain temp range using what’s called a “ thermal management system “. It will work regardless, if the car is plugged in or not. I keep the car plugged in so that this management uses power from house

I have used the pre-conditioning/ cabin prep 3 times, with power coming from house

Lane centering works great,
BlueCruise (hands on) works great,
BlueCruise (hands-free) works, but tends to switch back to hands-on, if a curve too tight, improvement needed

overall, loving the Mach-e experience!

I would like to keep this thread going, and hear comments from other new owners
Regards,
Bill Pitman, in Pa. View attachment 50257 View attachment 50257

Last edited:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still waiting for BlueCruise (Vaporware for Job 1 cars).

OP
OP
BillPitman

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still waiting for BlueCruise (Vaporware for Job 1 cars).
I‘ve heard it will be coming, no?!
Sent a message to ford, thru this site…… (@ ford motor company?!)

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
I have had a Premium ordered since June and ended up buying Select AWD / Tech / Comfort off the lot on 11/15 and have about 1200 miles on it. I love it so much, I L2 Charge at home and L1 Charge at work.

My Dealer Experience (Tasca Ford in RI) was the best car buying experience I've ever had. No BS / No ad-ons and paid MSRP, Financed Options.

I went from a Mazda CX-5 which has the same exact control on the console but in the Mazda it is used to control the Infotainment System so talk about a learning curve, thankfully the car is smart enough to not go in to reverse or park while driving as i know I've tried "Adjusting the Volume" a few times.

Activated my Connected Services the night I got the car and it activated Blue Cruise and it seemed to me that the car favored the passenger side of the lane but I think that was me just getting used to the new car / views. Love it and use it while on the highway and it is really cool in stop and go traffic just make sure you set the speed down low.

Took a little while for me to warm up to One Pedal but now I am all in. I eased in to it by using Unbridled which has a ton of Regen even with 1 Pedal off.

My car was built 7/21 and sat on Chip Hold for 3 Months before being shipped / delivered. That resulted in a ton of the glue from the plastic sheets that they put on the car for shipping staying on the car. I am still finding some here and there.

My only hiccups are the usual things people mention, Apple Play working about 80% of the time for me. I have no clue how I got Journeys to work, I tried setting it up several times and never worked then one day it started working...

This is one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever owned and would keep it if the cold weather range was just a little higher. I will be getting my premium when it comes in. If they had a way for me up to upgrade the battery I totally would.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Got my GT yesterday. Ordered it back in May and after a few delays (it was supposed to be here in October) it finally came.

First impressions:

So far I absolutely love the car. I smiled the first time I drove out of the dealership and probably haven’t stopped every time I get on the accelerator.

My only issue is that when I ordered it I didn’t order blue cruise. Not so much for the auto pilot but for the 360 cameras. That would have been great for when I pull I to my garage. I didn’t realize this when I ordered it and thought it was standard.

I was sure I was going to hate the non-PE wheels but they have grown in me and def look better in person than in pics.

Range estimates are very low but that’s because it’s the middle of winter. I hope to see a big improvement when it gets warmer.

OP
OP
BillPitman

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1-16-22, it’s negative 4 is Pa.

Car is charged to 90%, with a range estimate of 157 miles…… this tells/confirms to me electric car batteries don’t like extreme cold temps..

An observation- car is charged, is plugged in, am not conditioning to drive, no departure time set, yet a message on the fordpass app states: “ preparing to drive”…….., what this really means, I believe, the THERMAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM is working to maintain a proper HVB temperature….?! Then that’s what the message should say!
It would also be nice if the power consumed, by that system, was logged daily & saved in the app. This is being done now, for the charge cycles…..
regards, stay warm,
Bill

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
You are correct in your “preparing to drive” assumption. Adding a new line of code to say “keeping your battery from becoming solid” was too much for the people at FordPass. So they copied and pasted “preparing to drive.”

OP
OP
BillPitman

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are correct in your “preparing to drive” assumption. Adding a new line of code to say “keeping your battery from becoming solid” was too much for the people at FordPass. So they copied and pasted “preparing to drive.”
I’m pretty sure this will be fixed, and also on the fordpass home page, the buttons marked locked & unlocked, should go green to show their state ?!

Romano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Definitely loving my Premium SR AWD. I was lucky to buy one off the lot and get behind the weel in 3 weeks (Netherlands).

The one I got is a DMG without any additional packages. Would have loved to have the B&O sound system, as the base audio system is average at its best. Though to be fair, I'm coming from a BMW with a premium audio system.

The drives have been a blast. The smooth, continuos and quick acceleration. Definitely plenty of power for the Dutch roads. The car feels very solid and gets pretty close to the quality feel of my traded in BMW. It definitely doesn't feel like a step backwards.

The drive is comfortable compared to the Beamer with the sport suspension, so don't worry about that folks. It's probably what you're used to, but I'd say it's a mix of sporty but still comfortable.

Efficiency is hard to judge currently. With close to 0 degrees Celsius (approx. 30 degrees F), I am averaging around 5 km/kWh (3.1 m/kWh). This is with e-heat and 1PD on.

Looking forward to driving it a lot! Not missing the Beamer ?.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Owner’s First Impressions Thread PXL_20220212_192721621

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Owner’s First Impressions Thread PXL_20220212_152826326

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
The one I got is a DMG without any additional packages. Would have loved to have the B&O sound system, as the base audio system is average at its best. Though to be fair, I'm coming from a BMW with a premium audio system.
As a guy working in a music studio environment... all car soundsytems in a production car is average as best whatever name the speakers say. ;)
(At least the ones I have tried.)

I have the B&O on my MME, its not bad at all... its just not anything special from a Hi-Fi perspective.

But I am very damaged goods I guess.

Great car to drive though! :)

sprinkles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Select
Country flag
I've had it about 3 weeks. In general, I love it. One annoyance when using PAAK - I get out of the car and walk around to the passenger backseat to take the kid out of the car sear. Somehow the car likes to lock while I'm walking over and I have to push a couple times to open the backdoor. It's weird because I stay close to the car. Yet other times when I walk away, the car doesn't lock until I'm a few feet away. I don't understand why it would lock when I'm so close.

Same issue when we get back to the car and I put the kid in first and walk to the driver door. It locks and I have to unlock.

I have a 2nd fob on the way. I have a flip phone so having to keep the app open to use PAAK is cumbersome.

I was mad that my car didn't come with Bluecruise and considered returning it. But i guess I'll have to wait for the update. Im still mad.

Romano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
As a guy working in a music studio environment... all car soundsytems in a production car is average as best whatever name the speakers say. ;)
(At least the ones I have tried.)

I have the B&O on my MME, its not bad at all... its just not anything special from a Hi-Fi perspective.

But I am very damaged goods I guess.

Great car to drive though! :)
Yeah, very damaged ?. I guess it's all up to what you're used to.

Agreed, the driving definitely makes up for it!

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Would have loved to have the B&O sound system, as the base audio system is average at its best. Though to be fair, I'm coming from a BMW with a premium audio system
Don't all Premium's have the B&O sound system?
Sponsored