New owner - Love car but…

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is NOT walkaway lock. NOT. It doesn't activate until (wait for it) you walk away...

Yes, I have had my mirrors close after closing the front door. I open the back door, they unfold again, then fold when I walkaway.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So what caused your mirrors to fold after closing the front door?
Who cares? I mean that seriously. Why do I care if my mirrors fold after closing the front door? I don't. They fold when it locks. It locked the front door when I closed it. Great. Mirrors folded. Great. I opened the back door, got stuff out, closed the door. Walked away, and about 100 feet later it honked and verified everything was locked. I always listen for the honk. If it doesn't, then I use the fob or the app and lock it. I also get a message that it was locked.

If you don't walk away, it will lock after a period of time.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
The fix is to stop using profiles.
That’s a work around, not a fix. Also not a work around that I would recommend if you are a 2 driver household.

My suggested work around
When I remote start, when I get in the vehicle, before driving off I tap the appropriate profile button on the driver door.

Imo, what I would consider a fix is: if key fob or PAAK is set up, the car should select the profile of the detected device when the start button is pressed. If two or more devices are detected and the desired profile is not obvious, the profile selection UI should come up on the center screen.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That’s a work around, not a fix. Also not a work around that I would recommend if you are a 2 driver household.

My suggested work around
When I remote start, when I get in the vehicle, before driving off I tap the appropriate profile button on the driver door.

Imo, what I would consider a fix is: if key fob or PAAK is set up, the car should select the profile of the detected device when the start button is pressed. If two or more devices are detected and the desired profile is not obvious, the profile selection UI should come up on the center screen.
Agree 100% here's the "fix" some work around that is just "fine" the other is "I don't use it, so it's fine" . I would accept @Ford even saying "works as intended" or we are aware and will fix it "soon"

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I've experienced the weird door locking and unlocking. I haven't figured out a pattern.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
#2 is an issue I have had sporadically with my car. I have walk-away lock turned off since I want to control the locked/unlocked status using the buttons on the doors. I can get out of the driver’s door, close it, and go to open the left rear door and the car has locked itself (sometimes). It’s more annoying when going to get my dog out of his crate. 🤷‍♂️🐩

JmanMachE

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ext. range
Country flag
I also had weird door lock and unlock issues, then I determined that the fob sensors are exactly where the door lock buttons are, and I keep the fob in my pocket, The sensors will work or not work depending on how close the fob is to them; turning away can make a big difference. Standing with the fob aligned with the lock button helps a lot, but I have found the rear doors sometimes require an extra press (or two). I too will unlock doors before closing the driver’s door as a workairund to prevent locking and going to sleep.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag

My suggested work around

I’ve not experienced this (job 1 here). However i have my primary profile, a 2nd one when I was having an early PAAK issue and created it, and one I added for my GF who occasionally drives. So I have 3 defined and no empty or OOB Guest profiles. I don’t often use remote start and any profile issues usually stem from an OTA.

Maybe try adding a third with some saved settings

music_cities

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2022 GT
Country flag
1. When using remote start the car seems to change drive mode and other settings. Example - park car without 1 petal mode on, use remote start next time using, then 1 petal mode is on.
Just program seat memory button #1 to match your profile and then hit the memory button when you walk in, you’ll get your drive settings and the right seat/mirror position.

and set the guest profile to have a crazy seat position, like way back and reclined or something, so that you remember to press #1 memory, then you get your drive settings back and the right seat position.

Coffs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Explorer, Busa
Country flag
Really enjoying the Mach E but do have a couple minor annoyances that keep happening; any suggestions?

1. When using remote start the car seems to change drive mode and other settings. Example - park car without 1 petal mode on, use remote start next time using, then 1 petal mode is on.

2. When parking and getting out of car I often immediately walk to the back of the car to help my toddler out of the backseat. Before I can even get back there the car is locking or going to sleep? I say this because the mirrors are already folding and it takes 2 or 3 times pushing the door button to open the back door.
For number 2 - Are you carrying a physical key or PAAK?
Sponsored