new owner questions

OP
OP

kooshball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I have a question, can you set a PIN on the screen that has to be entered before car comes alive and drive-able? (Like I can do, in my Tesla?
I can def confirm you can open the door and start the engine without Paak (phone as a key) or the physical key by using the door code and then typing in a password. I haven't tried driving like that but I assume it should work since I started the car fine.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a question, can you set a PIN on the screen that has to be entered before car comes alive and drive-able? (Like I can do, in my Tesla?
As a security measure - No, you cannot.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm just talking about the beep as soon as I put the car in reverse in tbe garage. is ped warning a different kind of sound?
Pull out of garage.
Put car in park.
Open window to hear.
Put car in reverse. That noise you now hear cannot be disabled, except as noted above, and that's illegal.

The other noise, that you might hear IN the garage, as it senses things like the side posts of the garage doors, is the proximity sensor.

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Regarding the question of multiple phones paired and which one it picks, our car gets confused a lot. My wife and I stored our profiles in the door buttons, thinking that would be easy. Whichever profile we select doesn’t seem to always match up with the phone that we are aiming for.
I generally plug-in the one that I want to use for CarPlay. So we keep a charging cable in the car which then determines the CarPlay phone.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which phone is designated as Primary? Look in the Phones tab...
Sponsored