new owner questions

kooshball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
just received premium AWD last week. loving it so far!!

a few questions that I couldn't figure out from the manual

1. is there a way to turn off beeping on reverse? I park in a garage it's tight on both side. the beeping every time I pull out is just j necessary and would prevent real beeping I would want in case there's someone behind me

2. can I make it never roll backwards? my old bmw had something to make it never roll back when driving up a hill. is there a setting to enable this?

3. multi people carplay. wife and I both drive the car individually and sometimes together. what's the easiest way for the car to know who is driving and connect to the proper phone for carplay when we both get in?

4. can I disable door auto lock at home? I don't need it to lock the door when I walk away. can it be smart enough to not do that only when I'm home?

5. is there a way to see actually battery capacity and amount available instead of a % in the fordpass app?

thanks
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1) No. The beeping is always on. The alerts come from proximity sensors.
2) Turn on Auto Hold.
3) Make one phone Primary.
4) No.
5) No.

Manual can be downloaded as a pdf to all your devices.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
4) When I park at home in my garage, I leave the fob in the car.

GibUtes

First Name
Gib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“The Scout Trooper” 2022 Premium Space White
Country flag
Here’s my idea for CarPlay.

Set profile #1 on the car for just you in the car (your seating position, your phone, etc.), profile #2 for just her, and #3 for the both of you (your seating, her phone). That way she can navigate and control music when she is copilot.

No car yet, so this is just my theoretical solution.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
4) When I park at home in my garage, I leave the fob in the car.
Wow , you are obviously not from FLORIDUH. Someone would break into your garage and steal your car!!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 9461

1. is there a way to turn off beeping on reverse? I park in a garage it's tight on both side. the beeping every time I pull out is just j necessary and would prevent real beeping I would want in case there's someone behind me

I hacked mine and added a temp disable button...All but one EV I owned had that noise maker to let phone facers, careless pedestrians, or possible abductees know your coming. So yes,,,you can but, how much value do you put in the warrantee?

OP
OP

kooshball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Here’s my idea for CarPlay.

Set profile #1 on the car for just you in the car (your seating position, your phone, etc.), profile #2 for just her, and #3 for the both of you (your seating, her phone). That way she can navigate and control music when she is copilot.

No car yet, so this is just my theoretical solution.
with 2 people in the car i actually prefer to have the driver's phone used for carplay/nav. it's just sitting on the wireless charging pad anyways so might as well use it for nav.

1) No. The beeping is always on. The alerts come from proximity sensors.
2) Turn on Auto Hold.
3) Make one phone Primary.
4) No.
5) No.

Manual can be downloaded as a pdf to all your devices.
sweet thanks a lot. sad to hear about 1/4/5.

I tried the auto hold, looks like that does work for rolling forward and back. too bad i can't keep the roll forward while disabling roll back.

will try the primary phone and see if that works well.

thanks for the help!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

I hacked mine and added a temp disable button...All but one EV I owned had that noise maker to let phone facers, careless pedestrians, or possible abductees know your coming. So yes,,,you can but, how much value do you put in the warrantee?
Pretty sure they’re talking about the proximity sensors, not the pedestrian warning.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm just talking about the beep as soon as I put the car in reverse in tbe garage. is ped warning a different kind of sound?
The pedestrian alert beep occurs any time the car is in reverse, not just when it’s in the garage. I guess we need to clarify which one you're talking about. If it's the proximity beeping you want to turn off, there's a slider for it on the reverse camera screen.

Ford Mustang Mach-E new owner questions 1652388567767

Last edited:

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
just received premium AWD last week. loving it so far!!

a few questions that I couldn't figure out from the manual

2. can I make it never roll backwards? my old bmw had something to make it never roll back when driving up a hill. is there a setting to enable this?

3. multi people carplay. wife and I both drive the car individually and sometimes together. what's the easiest way for the car to know who is driving and connect to the proper phone for carplay when we both get in?

4. can I disable door auto lock at home? I don't need it to lock the door when I walk away. can it be smart enough to not do that only when I'm home?

5. is there a way to see actually battery capacity and amount available instead of a % in the fordpass app?

thanks
I have a question, can you set a PIN on the screen that has to be entered before car comes alive and drive-able? (Like I can do, in my Tesla?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a question, can you set a PIN on the screen that has to be entered before car comes alive and drive-able? (Like I can do, in my Tesla?
Yes, but only if you don't have the fob or PaaK in the car.