Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
That looks like a different shade of blue, not grabber blue. Is it just the picture that is skewed?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Pretty darn cool looking!
Almost makes me want to pass on the FE and wait for the GT. Almost.
Very sporty looking .

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That looks like a different shade of blue, not grabber blue. Is it just the picture that is skewed?
Note that it is a computer generated image.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Let me ask the obvious question: why such a long delay? I am wondering if they had to go back to the drawing board to be more competitive than "sub 4 second" acceleration and 235 miles range? Are they going to try to tackle the "plaid", or at least best the performance 3?

It wouldn't make sense to me if it was something like battery supply; if that was the case the smart play would be to delay the base model Select instead of the top model GT.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
It wouldn't make sense to me if it was something like battery supply; if that was the case the smart play would be to delay the base model Select instead of the top model GT.
Delaying Select would be a really customer-hostile move. Certain manufacturers do it. But that doesn't make it OK or acceptable.

I ordered a Premium, so it doesn't really affect me.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Delaying Select would be a really customer-hostile move. Certain manufacturers do it. But that doesn't make it OK or acceptable.

I ordered a Premium, so it doesn't really affect me.
All automakers are doing this with high demand vehicles, whether they are open about it or not. Ford may need to do it, especially after the price cut, as they have said they will not be selling the vehicles at a loss. If they wait 6 months - 1 year to sell the lower cost models the battery prices may fall enough to make the base models profitable. This is exactly what Tesla does as well.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If it was a shortage, they wouldn't need to necessarily delay any particular model - simply interleaving GT's in with the other models would work just fine.

I really don't think it has anything to do with batteries or even motors. It's got to be more a case of the GT just not being ready for some reason.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If it was a shortage, they wouldn't need to necessarily delay any particular model - simply interleaving GT's in with the other models would work just fine.

I really don't think it has anything to do with batteries or even motors. It's got to be more a case of the GT just not being ready for some reason.
One reason might be that they have to redo their homework with the AWD because the GT will have a larger motor for the front wheels instead of a small 50 kw motor. So for that reason alone they will have to go back to that Michigan Test track during the winter to tweek the AWD software.
Another reason might be that they where talking of maybe a heat pump for the GT and they probably have other things to tweet anyway.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm going to get a carbon fiber vinyl wrap and black out the nose on my FE. I love that look.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Summer ends on September 22, 2021. Late doesn't sound encouraging for those who reserved a GT early.