Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

PeterL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
While the car certainly has the looks both inside and out, the haptic buttons kill it for me. I struggled with them on the VW ID.3 and I don't expect anything else here. The reviewer goes: "Whoops, I turned on the AC by accident!" and cannot switch it off anymore... and still goes on to say he thinks it's the best thing ever.

You need to feel the buttons to use them safely. I also dislike a touch screen for everything for that reason, but at least, those buttons are usually a decent size. Tiny haptic ones are the worst of both worlds.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
You need to feel the buttons to use them safely. I also dislike a touch screen for everything for that reason, but at least, those buttons are usually a decent size. Tiny haptic ones are the worst of both worlds.
I am hoping that in a few years that this trend of using a screen or haptic buttons is reversed to the point that at least the hvac is mandated to be physical buttons, screens are fine for satnav and entertainment, awful for anything else when driving.

Obviously looks are subjective but overall I like the overall design would look better in another color mind, I also like the way it comes with heated seats in the rear, like the Y (take note bean counters at ford) also like the lack of frunk giving more interior space. Prefer interior space where I actually reside instead of a giant frunk, one of the downsides of the mach-e mustangifcation is the pointless long hood while it gives it a large frunk it also gives the silhouette subjectively to me poor overall portions, I preferer the super car cab forward design that a bev platform offers as it gives greater interior room for a smaller overall footprint compared to the equivalent ice.

Will be interesting to see the final specs and prices.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
your numbers are off. Max is 310mpg the 360 is km or 224 mpg
Sorry was basing that 360 mi range off a different article.

"The All-Electric Ariya SUV Is Exactly What Nissan Needs | Carscoops" https://www.carscoops.com/2021/01/the-all-electric-ariya-suv-is-exactly-what-nissan-needs/amp/

"Shoppers will also have two all-wheel drive variants to choose from. The first uses a 65 kWh battery and two electric motors combining to produce 335 hp and 413 lb-ft (560 Nm) of torque, while the flagship model has a 90 kWh battery, two electric motors with 389 hp and 443 lb-ft (600 Nm), and a range of 360 miles (580 km)."

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
While the car certainly has the looks both inside and out, the haptic buttons kill it for me. I struggled with them on the VW ID.3 and I don't expect anything else here. The reviewer goes: "Whoops, I turned on the AC by accident!" and cannot switch it off anymore... and still goes on to say he thinks it's the best thing ever.

Yeah, maybe I'm just old and set in my ways, but I'm not down with the whole "no buttons" craze. Not in cars, not on phones, not on TV remotes, not on anything. I personally think there is a nice happy medium where useless buttons are minimized, but frequently used buttons exist.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
We had those type of button on our Avalon Hybrid and they were very annoying, although a great car. You would reach for the volume knob and invariably touch a couple of buttons on the dash with the side of your hand. Very distracting when it happens.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I am hoping that in a few years that this trend of using a screen or haptic buttons is reversed to the point that at least the hvac is mandated to be physical buttons, screens are fine for satnav and entertainment, awful for anything else when driving.
I really like how the Honda E interior is done, conventional climate controls, full left to right touchscreen, but also common audio controls just under the touchscreen. Also HDMI input and full powered AC outlet.

PeterL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Yeah, maybe I'm just old and set in my ways, but I'm not down with the whole "no buttons" craze. Not in cars, not on phones, not on TV remotes, not on anything. I personally think there is a nice happy medium where useless buttons are minimized, but frequently used buttons exist.
Yeah, this exactly. And it seems like the US Navy had a couple of ships with touch screens and ordered to move at least part of the functionality back to buttons after some incidents.

It's not like I want to go back all the way, either. Take the Kia e-Niro, for example. It's completely littered with buttons, which is also confusing. But surely, there must be a middle way between hundreds of buttons and no buttons at all...

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
I had a nissan rogue for three years and I really enjoyed that vehicle. It was one of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in (zero G seating I think they called it). I had just owned a Ford F-150, which crushed my back on long drives and downgraded in terms of size and upgraded for fuel efficiency. I test drove probably four vehicles in this class of vehicle, and the Rogue was by far the most comfortable and was impressed with the technology for the value. I thought it far exceeded all I was looking at during that time. I would have strongly considered the Ariya if it was available in the timeline I need. I think the vehicle looks a little bulky but very nice finishes in the interior.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think the ID.4 looks like a better option.