[NJ] additional fees over MSRP

ppm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E
Country flag
Hey,
What additional charges you got in NJ on your out the door price?
How much the dealer charged you for registration, documentation, etc..
Sponsored

Frank861

First Name
Frank Ruiz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Registration for 4 years with plates was around $375 dealer fee varied by car dealerships. $399 i paid. No sales tax on ev and the charge up tax credit comes right of in the dealer contract. You don't have to file anything for the credit the dealer handles it. The dealer is going to take a nice binder out and try to sell you the extended warranty for a huge mark up. Go to Flood Ford esp and check there extended warranty quotes they are exactly the same the dealer is going to try to sell you. My dealer wanted like 3k for 5 years 100000 mile warranty i laughed at him showed him the warranty quote for $745 6 year warranty he didn't even try to sell me the tire package after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: n0n

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
Frank - Which level coverage did you opt for? I have seen some posts on battery coverage and wondering if "Extracare" is enough. We don't have emissions, safety is on the seatbelts and audio better not go out on this haha

tothemoon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
potential MME owner
Country flag
Hi All,

I'm a prospective mach-e buyer and have been shopping the dealerships in my area in NNJ. If it helps:

Beyer Ford is marking every mach-e up by $2k and also charges a $250 etching cost and $500 doc fee on all their vehicles according to the sales person I spoke with (Dori)

Performance Ford quoted me taxes, which he later corrected since EVs don't get taxed, etching ($400) Doc fee ($700) and motor vehicle fee ($200). The guy I spoke to said they don't have a mark up over MSRP.

If anyone has a good ford dealer that is looking for business and willing to sell at MSRP, I'm potentially looking to order a 2022 for next year.

Thanks

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
Hi All,

I'm a prospective mach-e buyer and have been shopping the dealerships in my area in NNJ. If it helps:

Beyer Ford is marking every mach-e up by $2k and also charges a $250 etching cost and $500 doc fee on all their vehicles according to the sales person I spoke with (Dori)

Performance Ford quoted me taxes, which he later corrected since EVs don't get taxed, etching ($400) Doc fee ($700) and motor vehicle fee ($200). The guy I spoke to said they don't have a mark up over MSRP.

If anyone has a good ford dealer that is looking for business and willing to sell at MSRP, I'm potentially looking to order a 2022 for next year.

Thanks
J - Try Ditchman (Flemington) or Fullerton (Somerville) as they both are good. I bought from Mark @ Flemington and got X pricing and the like. I saw the thing with Performance putting on the extra Etching etc which is basically dealer markup.

tothemoon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
potential MME owner
Country flag
J - Try Ditchman (Flemington) or Fullerton (Somerville) as they both are good. I bought from Mark @ Flemington and got X pricing and the like. I saw the thing with Performance putting on the extra Etching etc which is basically dealer markup.
Thanks Steve-o, for the recommendations. Beyer and Performance are the two dealers closest to me so I figured I'd check with them first. Flemington is a little out of the way for me but worthwhile to go a little further if I know they aren't going to toy with me. I agree regarding etching being a markup but in my mind at least I get something from it as opposed to some dealers just increasing the price by thousands for no reason at all. Some the things I've read on this forum regarding dealers selling reservations out from under reservation holders or adding last minute mark-ups had me worried so I figured I'd do the research and share here in case anyone was considering going with these dealers, at least they go in eyes wide open.

Appreciate the heads up and I'll check with both Ditchman and Fullerton as I progress on the decision.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Thanks Steve-o, for the recommendations. Beyer and Performance are the two dealers closest to me so I figured I'd check with them first. Flemington is a little out of the way for me but worthwhile to go a little further if I know they aren't going to toy with me. I agree regarding etching being a markup but in my mind at least I get something from it as opposed to some dealers just increasing the price by thousands for no reason at all. Some the things I've read on this forum regarding dealers selling reservations out from under reservation holders or adding last minute mark-ups had me worried so I figured I'd do the research and share here in case anyone was considering going with these dealers, at least they go in eyes wide open.

Appreciate the heads up and I'll check with both Ditchman and Fullerton as I progress on the decision.
I had a good experience at Ditschman as well. See the tread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/good-experience-at-ditschman-flemington-nj-ford.6860/

I signed up for X-Plan by joining Mustang Club of America just after I ordered the car. It was $25 and you had to be a member for 60 days at the time. I think it's $35 and 90 days now, but well worth it. The 90 day wait isn't a problem if you're ordering the car.

tothemoon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
potential MME owner
Country flag
I had a good experience at Ditschman as well. See the tread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/good-experience-at-ditschman-flemington-nj-ford.6860/

I signed up for X-Plan by joining Mustang Club of America just after I ordered the car. It was $25 and you had to be a member for 60 days at the time. I think it's $35 and 90 days now, but well worth it. The 90 day wait isn't a problem if you're ordering the car.
Thanks for the tip regarding the MCoA benefit. I was just looking into it and was wondering if I'd need to sign up now and delay my order until december to take advantage. Doesn't sound like that's a problem, at least with Ditschman. Would you happen to know how frequently the x-plan benefit changes? If it's annual, I wonder how it'll change next year.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the tip regarding the MCoA benefit. I was just looking into it and was wondering if I'd need to sign up now and delay my order until december to take advantage. Doesn't sound like that's a problem, at least with Ditschman. Would you happen to know how frequently the x-plan benefit changes? If it's annual, I wonder how it'll change next year.
I ordered Dec 24, joined MCoA Jan 5, and got my car Jun 10. At some point, maybe Feb or Mar, they changed the membership price and wait time. They said it was Ford's request. There's a thread or two on it somewhere in this forum.

If you order a car, very likely it will be more than 90 days before you take delivery, no matter which dealer you choose. So, joining MCoA right after you order should work for getting X-Plan. Did for me. You can generate your X-Plan PIN immediately and it's good for a year. I sent my PIN to Ditschman early in the process, so they knew I was using X-Plan and I knew they were accepting X-Plan.

TheWala

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Charger, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
Pizza Guru
Country flag
Mahwah Ford has a Premium AWD ER on the lot but asking $4k over msrp so I walked away.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

TheWala

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Charger, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
Pizza Guru
Country flag
Stamford Ford has some ridiculous markups. They have a GT for $6k over MSRP.
I don’t remember if it was the same dealer but someone had a GT for $89k.

Louuuu

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
Hey,
What additional charges you got in NJ on your out the door price?
How much the dealer charged you for registration, documentation, etc..
Ordered then bought a select in March from SeaBreeze Ford, Wall, NJ. No ADM, everything went smooth.

Have a GT on order that is shipped and scheduled for late October delivery. Called my salesperson re: any ADM? Yes - $12,000 and if you don't want it we have brokers who do.

Question - can I change the dealers? There are a few in this area that don't seem to charge any ADM or at least quite a bit less.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ordered then bought a select in March from SeaBreeze Ford, Wall, NJ. No ADM, everything went smooth.

Have a GT on order that is shipped and scheduled for late October delivery. Called my salesperson re: any ADM? Yes - $12,000 and if you don't want it we have brokers who do.

Question - can I change the dealers? There are a few in this area that don't seem to charge any ADM or at least quite a bit less.
They can't add an ADM to an order, can they???
Sponsored