OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E No Ford Mustang Mach-E Production In Mexico For January 2023 MME USA Sales Results

https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-...es-numbers/ford-mustang-mach-e-sales-numbers/

Good seeing March and April build dates starting to show up. Some are getting April build dates for their January 2023 orders. Haven’t seen any build dates for February yet, so must be a two-month shutdown for production ramp up.

Using old production figures(Loosely calculated):
300 per day
1500 per week (5-day work week)
6000 per month (4 weeks per month)

Wonder long it will take to work thru the remaining US orders made in 2022 with the new production ramp up rate coming online soon?
Sponsored

Helljumper

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Country flag
I still don't understand how people that ordered in 2023 are already getting build dates. I ordered 3/10/22 and finally got a build date for 3/6/23.

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I still don't understand how people that ordered in 2023 are already getting build dates. I ordered 3/10/22 and finally got a build date for 3/6/23.
You definitely got screwed! A whole year is unacceptable. I would contact the dealership were you placed your order and ask them.

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know it shouldn't matter, but what model/color did you order?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Don't care about this, now. I just got my build date today and am very excited. The week of April 17! Woo Hoo!

dystopiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Select
Country flag
My MachE was scheduled for production week of 12/19/22, delivery to AL, USA estimated 12/30/22-1/6/23 (which seems startlingly optimistic on shipping from what I've seen in this forum). It went into production 12/22/22. It has been "in production" since then. I called Ford Customer Service yesterday (2/11/23), and she said indeed my vehicle is still in production since 12/22/22. She told me to call on Monday and speak with the new vehicle order team (as they're not available on saturdays), they might have more information. She didn't say anything about the factory shutdown, but I'm guessing they started on my vehicle and shut the factory down before they finished it. I have to wonder what they did with a bunch of partially-built vehicles while they remodel the factory! I'm sad because it seems like there's no way I'll get my MachE before the new battery guidelines are released (which means it almost certainly won't qualify for the full tax credit).

2023 MachE AWD Select (standard range), Rapid Red

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What new battery guidelines?

larryk

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium on order
Country flag
I would like to know when production comes back online! I’ve been trying to guess when my 01/03/2023 order could get a build date. Still seems like they’re working thru the 2023 orders that were placed in 2022.

People are good about posting their build dates here and I’ve seen some for March, 2023, but none for February yet.

So, I hope to start seeing some February build dates soon!
I ordered a Premium standard range on 5 Jan 2023. On 9 Feb I got notice of build week 17 April!

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered a Premium standard range on 5 Jan 2023. On 9 Feb I got notice of build week 17 April!
Still waiting on my Select Trim AWD Vapor Blue Metallic, ordered on 1/3/23.

dystopiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Select
Country flag
What new battery guidelines?
From the IRS link below:
Q4. Do the new critical mineral and battery components requirements apply? (added December 29, 2022)
A4. Not yet. The critical mineral and battery component requirements under § 30D(e) will apply for vehicles placed in service after proposed guidance on these requirements is issued. The publication of these FAQs is not the issuance of proposed guidance with respect to the critical mineral and battery component requirements under § 30D(e) and does not trigger the applicability of those requirements. The Treasury Department and the IRS will explicitly identify when they have issued proposed guidance with respect to the critical mineral and battery component requirements under § 30D(e). However, vehicles ordered or purchased prior to but placed in service after Treasury and the IRS issue this proposed guidance will be subject to the critical mineral and battery component requirements. This proposed guidance is expected to be issued in March 2023.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/topic-...rements-apply-to-the-new-clean-vehicle-credit

From the energy link below:

Until the Treasury Department issues this critical mineral and battery component guidance, the available CVC tax credit amounts to a base amount of $2500 plus, for a vehicle that draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 7 kWh of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kWh. The total tax credit available for a vehicle may not exceed $7,500.

Once the Treasury Department issues the critical mineral and battery component guidance, vehicles that meet the critical mineral requirements are eligible for $3,750 tax credit, and vehicles that meet the battery component requirements are eligible for a $3,750 tax credit. Vehicles meeting both the critical mineral and the battery component requirements are eligible for a total tax credit of $7,500.

Critical Minerals: To be eligible for the $3,750 critical minerals portion of the tax credit, the percentage of the value of the battery’s critical minerals that are extracted or processed in the United States or a U.S. free-trade agreement partner or recycled in North America, must increase according to the following schedule:

YearCritical minerals minimum percent value requirement
202340%
202450%
202560%
202670%
2027 and later 80%

Battery Components: To be eligible for the $3,750 battery components portion of the tax credit, the percentage of the value of the battery’s components that are manufactured or assembled in North America must increase according to the following schedule:

YearBattery components minimum percent value requirement
202350%
2024 and 2025 60%
202670%
202780%
202890%
2029 and later 100%

https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/409

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As of today, I believe we are still waiting for production startup. Looks like only the standard-range models will be getting the new LFP batteries this production year. There’s a lot of misinformation and speculation about the new LFP batteries and when the MME’s will be getting them. But it sounds like the customer will not be able to choose between the LFP or NMC battery packs for standard-range models.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/ford-...-battery-tech-in-2023-f-150-lightning-in-2024

I’m wondering if the standard-range models are being bunched together until they have enough of the new LFP batteries for production start. Anybody get a build date for this year on a standard-range model?

I ordered a Select trim AWD standard-range on 01/03/23. I hope Ford will be upfront about the LFP’s cold climate specifications and when the MME’s will be getting them.

I won’t be happy if they build me a car that won’t run in Minnesota’s cold! Hopefully I won’t need to cancel my order after waiting for the build date and final battery specifications.

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I placed the order on 17-Jan-23, received email on 9-Feb that my build date week is 24-Apr-23.
Premium standard range RWD

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
I placed order on Sep 3 2022 and build date is 3/6/2023 week. Premium SR RWD

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you know which battery pack you guys are getting? I would think by now Ford would have an Idea and notify the people who's orders are getting changed to the LFP battery pack.
Sponsored