No OTA Updates since 1.4

toggleE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Raptor, Ducati SF, WRX STI
Country flag
I have a '21 Mach E Premium that I purchased brand new off the lot just a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if this is a Job 1 car but I'm almost positive its been on the lot for a little while, given that it had 15+ miles and had the windshield recall performed. Possibly a demo car, even though the dealer specifically stated it wasn't a demo car. I got the car with 1.4 installed.

I saw that there has been a few OTA updates since 1.4 but my MME is saying that I'm up to date on all software. Any idea or advice on how to get the latest software installed?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Unfortunately all you can do is wait for Ford to push an update to your car.

Its also possible that the dealer has been applying the updates with their computer manually so the OTA's won't push if the car already has it.

Its also possible Ford doesn't push OTA's to unregistered vehicles. But I don't think we've seen evidence of that yet since most cars don't sit on the lot for more than a few days.

HariMiatry

First Name
Hari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford mustang mach e premium extended AWD
Occupation
Electronic engineer
Country flag
Take it to the dealer I am having the same issue no updates since 1.4 I have now booked it in for Tuesday so hopefully they can fix.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I have a '21 Mach E Premium that I purchased brand new off the lot just a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if this is a Job 1 car but I'm almost positive its been on the lot for a little while, given that it had 15+ miles and had the windshield recall performed. Possibly a demo car, even though the dealer specifically stated it wasn't a demo car. I got the car with 1.4 installed.

I saw that there has been a few OTA updates since 1.4 but my MME is saying that I'm up to date on all software. Any idea or advice on how to get the latest software installed?
Look at the door sill sticker. Was it manufactured after June '21? If so, no updates have been sent to it. Only older cars have gotten updates

(Aside from a blue cruise map update for newer cars that already have that enabled)

OP
OP
toggleE

toggleE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does 15+ miles suggest it's been on the lot for a while? Or was that a typo?
The amount of miles plus having a build date of 6/21 while sold new in Feb suggests it’s been on the lot for a little while, even if it’s just a few days, which seems like eternity these days.

Look at the door sill sticker. Was it manufactured after June '21? If so, no updates have been sent to it. Only older cars have gotten updates

(Aside from a blue cruise map update for newer cars that already have that enabled)
I have a build date of 6/21. No physical TC or electronic frunk control, so I assume I have a job 1 car

Last edited:

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
The amount of miles plus having a build date of 6/21 while sold new in Feb suggests it’s been on the lot for a little while, even if it’s just a few days, which seems like eternity these days.

I have a build date of 6/21. No physical TC or electronic drink control, so I assume I have a job 1 car
That is rather alarming that your car was built 6 months ago and sat on the lot in this car market.. something seems fishy there.

Is blue Cruise enabled on your car?

OP
OP
toggleE

toggleE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is rather alarming that your car was built 6 months ago and sat on the lot in this car market.. something seems fishy there.

Is blue Cruise enabled on your car?

No bluecruise. Just says “coming soon” on the connected services website.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
No bluecruise. Just says “coming soon” on the connected services website.
Yeah your car is definitely job one, then. You may have 1.6 as well, they came out of order for some people.

But unfortunately you may be stuck there for a bit. The next update that came (1.7.1) was broken for a lot of people and it bricks their car's ability to update so they stopped rolling it out. Theoretically you could skip over this update, but it appears to not be the case.

My best advice would be to take it into the dealer and ask them to run module updates in FDRS. This should get you up to current

OP
OP
toggleE

toggleE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Take it to the dealer I am having the same issue no updates since 1.4 I have now booked it in for Tuesday so hopefully they can fix.
Job 1 car? Let me know how it goes

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The build date does suggest it has been on the lot for a bit, but I still don't see how the car having 15 miles on it indicates that at all. A lot of cars roll off the truck with more miles than that. If anything, the mileage proves that it wasn't driven much (if at all) and certainly wasn't a demo or a loaner.