No updates since summer 23. Would anyone be able to help?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I haven’t opened it up yet, but I finally have gotten my first update of any kind since March on my iPhone for FordPass. Still nothing on the car but least FordPass updated so let me see how that works now.
No updates in 2 months for you vs 9 months for us.

And we are talking about OTA updates, not FordPass. Totally different things.
Sponsored

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No updates in 2 months for you vs 9 months for us.

And we are talking about OTA updates, not FordPass. Totally different things.
I’m saying I haven’t gotten an update in a couple of months but that’s because I’ve only owned the car a few months so I’m not even sure when the last update was in that car. I think I have that 1103 and I’m not even sure if I installed that one so my last update could’ve been last year. I don’t know. I just thought the FordPass app might be something new like the 5.0 like other people get.

jasn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD Premium ER - Space White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got my first update in 2 months this week. I feel for you, it must be maddening to go that long without a DL.

Seeing this car as an overgrown computer, update phenomenon and the desire to be on the cutting edge, no less keep up with the pack, harks back to old days of other software updates I've scrambled for, like desktop programs, firmware updates for my hifi gear and TV, etc.

Update anxiety has replaced range anxiety. Best wishes, and keep your OTA connections healthy.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m saying I haven’t gotten an update in a couple of months but that’s because I’ve only owned the car a few months so I’m not even sure when the last update was in that car. I think I have that 1103 and I’m not even sure if I installed that one so my last update could’ve been last year. I don’t know. I just thought the FordPass app might be something new like the 5.0 like other people get.
No worries, just letting you know the people in this thread have a very specific issue caused by a specific update last August.

No updates for a couple months isn’t something to worry about on your new car.

Albatross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I just wanted to add my name to the list. I also have not received any OTA updates since last August.

I just had my car in for the HVBJB recall. No OTA updates was one of my complaints. Also, I cannot get the Wireless Projection to work. So no wireless Android Auto, but it does work if I plug my phone into the USB port. I also had a speaker issue.

I posted in the check my FDRS thread, and MikeG graciously looked up my VIN and posted the results. They updated the modules that were complaint issues or recall issues. I have no idea what version of software that puts me on. Does anyone have a clue?

On my paperwork, in the Correction section to my complaint of no OTA updates, he wrote: "mtime to reprogram the APIM, GWM, TCU modules to the latest version"

I'm assuming after reading this thread, and hearing that it is a Ford server issue, their "fix" will do nothing.

In the meanwhile, if anyone has had this "wireless projection" issue and found a fix, I sure would love to hear about it. The dealer said that Ford has a "glitch" right now with Android Auto and Apple Care Play. They are hoping for an OTA fix to be sent out soon. That obviously will not help if I can't receive OTA updates.

Another issue that the dealer could not duplicate was a loud crack from the speakers, followed by the volume knob making a popping noise with every change in sound level. I saw this reported here on the forum, but I also did not find the fix. The dealer said they hoped the updates they did will fix the speaker issue.

Any advice is appreciated as I am still learning my way around the forum.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No updates since summer 23. Would anyone be able to help? 10-May-24AfterRecall

titan2220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD SR
Country flag
I just wanted to add my name to the list. I also have not received any OTA updates since last August.

I just had my car in for the HVBJB recall. No OTA updates was one of my complaints. Also, I cannot get the Wireless Projection to work. So no wireless Android Auto, but it does work if I plug my phone into the USB port. I also had a speaker issue.

I posted in the check my FDRS thread, and MikeG graciously looked up my VIN and posted the results. They updated the modules that were complaint issues or recall issues. I have no idea what version of software that puts me on. Does anyone have a clue?

On my paperwork, in the Correction section to my complaint of no OTA updates, he wrote: "mtime to reprogram the APIM, GWM, TCU modules to the latest version"

I'm assuming after reading this thread, and hearing that it is a Ford server issue, their "fix" will do nothing.

In the meanwhile, if anyone has had this "wireless projection" issue and found a fix, I sure would love to hear about it. The dealer said that Ford has a "glitch" right now with Android Auto and Apple Care Play. They are hoping for an OTA fix to be sent out soon. That obviously will not help if I can't receive OTA updates.

Another issue that the dealer could not duplicate was a loud crack from the speakers, followed by the volume knob making a popping noise with every change in sound level. I saw this reported here on the forum, but I also did not find the fix. The dealer said they hoped the updates they did will fix the speaker issue.

Any advice is appreciated as I am still learning my way around the forum.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No updates since summer 23. Would anyone be able to help? 10-May-24AfterRecall
I am in the same situation. Radio preset update in Aug 23 halted all future updates.
I called Ford at 833-389-0848 and set up a case. They went over a few basic OTA preconditions to get OTA's, but I'm already doing them. I got all OTA's since Oct 21 until this one bricked the OTA process. Get a case number so they can track the issues.

I'm planning on calling back at the 2 week mark to see what next steps are

Albatross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I am in the same situation. Radio preset update in Aug 23 halted all future updates.
I called Ford at 833-389-0848 and set up a case. They went over a few basic OTA preconditions to get OTA's, but I'm already doing them. I got all OTA's since Oct 21 until this one bricked the OTA process. Get a case number so they can track the issues.

I'm planning on calling back at the 2 week mark to see what next steps are
Thank you for your response and advice. I also have a case number for no OTA updates as well as the wireless app issue. The dealer is convinced that I will start getting them, but it has only been 6 days. I will give it some time.

Magnamover

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GTPE DMG &18 Mustang GT conv
Country flag
I was in the same boat, my last update was August until recently. I had the HVBJB recall done and requested they do all updates. When they did them, it "killed the front camera" including cruise and safeties. That was 3 weeks ago since the camera parts were backordered. It is now going to be repaired in 2 more days hopefully. In hindsight, I should have skipped the forced updates.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your response and advice. I also have a case number for no OTA updates as well as the wireless app issue. The dealer is convinced that I will start getting them, but it has only been 6 days. I will give it some time.
I did all the Ford customer service stuff and they said I will start getting updates within “a few weeks.”

That was November. Still nothing.

Until Ford home office manually fixes the issue, the dealer and you are SOL.

Albatross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I did all the Ford customer service stuff and they said I will start getting updates within “a few weeks.”

That was November. Still nothing.

Until Ford home office manually fixes the issue, the dealer and you are SOL.
That's what I figured.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
I was in the same boat, my last update was August until recently. I had the HVBJB recall done and requested they do all updates. When they did them, it "killed the front camera" including cruise and safeties. That was 3 weeks ago since the camera parts were backordered. It is now going to be repaired in 2 more days hopefully. In hindsight, I should have skipped the forced updates.
Your car does not need the CMR replaced. The U2100 code it is reporting means all it is is a config issue in the IPMA. Do you have the car while waiting for parts or does the dealer still have it?

Edit: I see they tried to run a config procedure on the IPMA and it failed. If you have FORScan, it can be fixed.

Albatross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I am no longer in this group. Last night, I received my first OTA update since August, 2023. It was the Audio one... 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD. I am going to list many of the things that I did recently to try and get the OTA updates. I have no idea which one, or if a combination of them, caused the update.

I had several other pending issues including not receiving OTA updates. I was waiting to have them fixed when the car was at the dealer for the recall. 1. PAAK would not work because I could not "download a key." This was not a big issue as PAAK never worked well for me, and I got used to carrying a key fob. 2. The speakers made a really, loud crack sound several times. The first time it happened, I thought something had fallen on the car. This was followed by the volume control making a popping sound with each click in rotation. this was an intermittent issue 3. I could not turn on Wireless App Projection and therefore, Android Auto (wireless) would not work. It would work fine if I plugged the phone into a USB port. I had spoken with Ford's technical department to troubleshoot these issues. I had a case number for them.

The recall was completed on May 10, 2024. The dealer paperwork says "mtime to reprogram the APIM, GWM, TCU modules to the latest version" as an answer to the no OTA updates.

The paperwork also said "reprogrammed RFA module" as an answer to the PAAK problem. I was instructed to delete the app and reinstall the app. I was able to use PAAK and download a key after this fix.

They were not able to fix the Wireless App Projection issue. I was told that Ford was having a "glitch" and that an OTA update would fix the issue when it was available.

They could not reproduce the loud crack from the speakers.

I still was not receiving OTA updates after the recall. I went after my 12v battery. I used the Ford website to check the 12v battery level. I went on a long drive. I changed my charging method to long nights of charging at 20amps instead of my normal 40amps. I also did the Battery Management System reset.

There were no changes. When I went to the Software Updates section in the car, it still said "Music to your ears" 23-PU0110-RAD-PS.

Then, something changed 3 days ago. I got a new screen... "Not Completed" Refined Audio, 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD. New is good! I spoke with Ford again. The OTA department verified it was sent out, read me all the requirements that were needed for it to complete the installation (they were all met), then they told me to wait 2 weeks for the update to try to install again.

This morning I confirmed I received that OTA update. It did not fix the Wireless App projection not working (no wireless Android Auto), but it is a start.

nicktom86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT 22'
Country flag
Adding my name to the hat.
Bought a 22 GT (haven’t looked to see when it was manufactured) in December 23’, car hasn’t received an OTA update since October, 4.2.2.

got my HVJB recall done in February and asked the dealer to look into anything OTA related to see why I haven’t gotten any updates, and was given the same generic response that it’s on Ford and not the dealer.

Obvious features I think I’m missing(?) - setting navigation to a fast charger will precondition battery and the Tesla plug and charge.
I’m sure there are lots more but those seem to be the beneficial ones.
Sponsored