Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The good news: no injuries.
The bad news: location of qualified repairer and replacement parts.

1651953965686.gif
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
If that was an ICE car, that would be repairable (IMO). From the looks of it you avoided damaging the front unibody. Mostly just plastic, the fender and bent control arm.

I would be pretty sad if that's all it took to total a MME...
Easy on the ICE comparison, same speed, same scenario but Santa Fe pulled in front of our F150. Although you have to look hard, this was over $11,000 in damage to our 19 F150 Platinum and no frame damage or radiator. The MachE looks much worse sadly.

1st read your insurance policy, I know it's long, but read it.
2nd, if another party is at fault, get their insurance company to pay for a rental. Even if you have rental reimbursement, unless your insurance co. says they'll provide one and recover from other policy.
3rd, read state law on percentage of dollar value in damage before it's a total loss. (Some states mandate that)
3rd, regardless of where they towed your MachE, read reviews on body shops and choose the one your research leads you to. Insurance co may be partnered with/have a preferred repair shop, but that's not mandatory.

Look through this forum via search and you'll see lots of great advice!
Like this https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ort-and-repair-cost-estimate.6161/post-401085

Screenshot_20210407-135708.jpg

IMG_20201204_144515.jpg

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I was driving on a city street at about 35MPH when someone pulled out in front of me. I tried to swerve around him, but no such luck.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not a Fender Bender IMG_20201204_144515

At this point, I don't know if the car is repairable or not.

If anyone has any experience with a totaled MachE, in terms of how much your insurance reimbursed you, I would be interested in hearing about it.

ouch indeed... so sorry to see your Pony with a busted leg.
keep us posted whether this gets totalled and parted out, or rebuilt.

I would consider buying the battery pack just to take it apart and see if I can repurpose for battery backup for my house.... if i could get it cheap....

OP
OP
guinn

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select Standard Range; 2023 AWD Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope (it sounds like) nobody was injured and everyone is okay.

Here's an interesting article about the changes Ford needed to make in its energy absorption design to protect the battery.

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...n-to-accommodate-2021-mustang-mach-e-battery/
Fortunately, neither of us was seriously injured.

That article is encouraging since it seems to imply that you could get the kind of damage I got without damaging the battery.

It turns out that the body shop was waiting for me to come in and sign some documents before they did anything. Of course, no one told me they were waiting. I dropped in just to see how it was going, so I signed the docs. I don't know how long they would have waited before contacting me! We will see how it goes now.

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Hope you're okay.

Just wanted to say if they total the vehicle, make sure to contact a valuator to make sure the insurance check is the fair price of the vehicle! Don't just blindly take whatever they offer, your insurance *will* low ball you

Groktopus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CA Route1 ext AWD, 234,557 GP (gerbil power)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I was driving on a city street at about 35MPH when someone pulled out in front of me. I tried to swerve around him, but no such luck.

At this point, I don't know if the car is repairable or not.

If anyone has any experience with a totaled MachE, in terms of how much your insurance reimbursed you, I would be interested in hearing about it.
Ouch . . . this looks like 'The Cartist Formerly Known as Mach E'. Wasn't a Mach E, but I've had a car totaled for a bent axle before. Wouldn't be surprised if yours is bent. I hope they treat you right, but knowing insurance companies and their weasel clauses I'd be surprised if you get what it's worth.

OP
OP
guinn

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We finally got an estimate from the body shop, and I am happy to say that the car is not totaled! The estimate came in at $15,315. Parts were $10,292 and labor was $3,497. There were a few other smaller items.

To me, a couple of things were pretty interesting. The most expensive part was "RT Headlamp w/o leveling" at $1,667. And the damaged wheel was $950! There is also no tire on the estimate, so presumably that was OK!? (I keep getting reports on FordPass that one of my tires is low!)

We will see how long it takes to get the parts. The body shop said they expected them within about 10 days.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
We finally got an estimate from the body shop
Is it an independent body shop or a Ford dealership's body shop?

OP
OP
guinn

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is it an independent body shop or a Ford dealership's body shop?
This is a body shop that is associated with the local Ford dealer. I suspect they are owned by the same people. They are located on the same property.

OP
OP
guinn

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
We finally got an estimate from the body shop, and I am happy to say that the car is not totaled! The estimate came in at $15,315. Parts were $10,292 and labor was $3,497. There were a few other smaller items.

To me, a couple of things were pretty interesting. The most expensive part was "RT Headlamp w/o leveling" at $1,667. And the damaged wheel was $950! There is also no tire on the estimate, so presumably that was OK!? (I keep getting reports on FordPass that one of my tires is low!)

We will see how long it takes to get the parts. The body shop said they expected them within about 10 days.
Glad to “hear” that it’s repairable. Time to get started on a Diminished Value claim with the other guy’s insurance company. 😊🐩

OP
OP
guinn

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad to “hear” that it’s repairable. Time to get started on a Diminished Value claim with the other guy’s insurance company. 😊🐩
I was going to ask about that. Does anyone have any tips on how to approach this? Thanks.
Sponsored