Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select Standard Range; 2023 AWD Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was driving on a city street at about 35MPH when someone pulled out in front of me. I tried to swerve around him, but no such luck.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not a Fender Bender Crash Photo 3 MAY 2022-2

At this point, I don't know if the car is repairable or not.

If anyone has any experience with a totaled MachE, in terms of how much your insurance reimbursed you, I would be interested in hearing about it.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Ouch, so sorry to see this, good luck with repairs or your insurance payout!

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm sorry that happened to you! I don't know what they will payout, but I bet they total it if that damaged the battery tray.

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
If that was an ICE car, that would be repairable (IMO). From the looks of it you avoided damaging the front unibody. Mostly just plastic, the fender and bent control arm.

I would be pretty sad if that's all it took to total a MME...

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I was driving on a city street at about 35MPH when someone pulled out in front of me. I tried to swerve around him, but no such luck.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not a Fender Bender Bradley-Cooper-Oh-My-God-Gif-In-Silver-Linings-Playbook

If anyone has any experience with a totaled MachE, in terms of how much your insurance reimbursed you, I would be interested in hearing about it.
I Don't have any experience with a totaled MachE, but I had insurance payout on 2 totaled cars before. Both not my fault. The way that my insurance works is that it would look at the current market to see what it would cost to get you into a similar vehicle as yours. So with the market where its at right now, that may be more than MSRP.

OP
OP
guinn

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm sorry that happened to you! I don't know what they will payout, but I bet they total it if that damaged the battery tray.
I'm optimistic that the main battery was not damaged. The car was still working when it was towed off, and it even sent me a low tire pressure warning from the body shop!

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
That sounds promising! I can't tell how deformed the back of your front tire and rim is, but this gives you an idea of how close the battery tray is.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.28.00 PM.png

OP
OP
guinn

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That sounds promising! I can't tell how deformed the back of your front tire and rim is, but this gives you an idea of how close the battery tray is.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not a Fender Bender Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.28.00 PM
Yep. The wheel/tire looked like it was mostly bent outward at the front, but I wasn't about to crawl under to look at it closely! It's obvious going to be close. I guess we will find out shortly. Thanks.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ouch, definitely not a fender bender (though that fender has definitely gone through a bender).

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
With the value of that car likely north of 60 K the only thing that’s gonna total it I would think it’s a battery incursion. And even then replacing the entire battery pack is just a little south of 30 K I think If they can total it and think they can make more money repairing it and selling it outside of you that can happen as well. Best of luck and keep us informed.

I definitely wanna come back and hear your resolution we all should because it could happen to any of us tomorrow. Particularly if the parts take months how Ford might help you with another vehicle if your insurance doesn’t include a rental a loaner from FMC Due to Parts availability would be a nice touch by the company

Jes sayin. So sorry for you. These crash photos freaking terrify me

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Ouch, sad to see the MME in such a state but glad everyone is okay.

My wife was almost hit, twice, in a parking lot by the same guy today. Some people just do not pay attention.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not a Fender Bender 2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-rail-chamfering-rails-great-designs-in-steel-e1625075218116-1024x578

My guess is that the car is repairable but the cost will be high. I had damages in the same area but a bit less in severity: the same wheel broke into two pieces, the tire deflated, and the half shaft broke off, but there was no damage to the fender (other than the black trim piece) and headlight, and the bumper had a few superficial scratches. Initial estimate was $6K, ended up just under $11K when all was said and done. It took over two months, almost seven weeks were spent waiting for a wheel hub on back-order from the initial BOM; they ended up replacing additional parts, fortunately none of those were on back-order.

So sorry to you in a similar situation. Good luck!