Not charging on 240v, but 120v seems fine

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Have you at least manually tripped the breaker and reset it? My Clipper Creek faults from time to time and it's the breaker reset that gets it back in order.
Sponsored

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Have you at least manually tripped the breaker and reset it? My Clipper Creek faults from time to time and it's the breaker reset that gets it back in order.
Ya, several times, also have an unused 240v circuit in second garage bay I tested on as well. Same issue.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ya, several times, also have an unused 240v circuit in second garage bay I tested on as well. Same issue.
You should just drop by the dealer and give it a quick test. Also have you ever attempted to charge on a public charger? This should narrow things down. Perhaps dealer will have a portable charger to test. Finally do you know anyone who has a Mach and maybe use there charger?

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should just drop by the dealer and give it a quick test. Also have you ever attempted to charge on a public charger? This should narrow things down. Perhaps dealer will have a portable charger to test. Finally do you know anyone who has a Mach and maybe use there charger?
Car is daily driver for wife, so once it is avail and works with dealer hours, we plan to test. Charged on public charger with no issue before this situation arose. Will try again if dealer option fails. Only seen one MME in town. No idea who owns it.

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
just an update for this post.
Was able to stop at public parking garage yesterday to try another charger. Plugged in and worked fine. Including EVSE that was in public garage. Looks like it is a 240v unit.

Here are the specs on the unit at the public garage.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not charging on 240v, but 120v seems fine 1.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not charging on 240v, but 120v seems fine 2.JPG

OP
OP

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE!

Swapped out mobile charger at local dealer yesterday and tested last night. Charger arrived pretty much overnight. Good news is that I am now charging at 240v.
So problem solved. Many thanks for all the help from forum members and Ford representatives here. Much appreciated!
Sponsored