macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
I was just looking at the NY State Drive Clean rebate program. It seems like the Premium Mach E should be eligible for the maximum $2,000 (Greater than 120 mile range and MSRP less than $60,000) rebate but its not on the list of eligible cars. I am assuming this is because the car is too new but just wondering if anyone has inquired with the program yet?
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I was just looking at the NY State Drive Clean rebate program. It seems like the Premium Mach E should be eligible for the maximum $2,000 (Greater than 120 mile range and MSRP less than $60,000) rebate but its not on the list of eligible cars. I am assuming this is because the car is too new but just wondering if anyone has inquired with the program yet?
I check out the same and I am expecting the same for the First Edition as well. It also says the "Base" MSRP which falls below the $60,000. Hopefully, they will add to the list of cars to confirm this.

I am not sure who you work for, but you should check for corporate discount. My company provide for x-plan AND and additional $1,000 discount for EV purchase/lease.

Hoping for the best for fellow New Yorker and Mach E buyers.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I check out the same and I am expecting the same for the First Edition as well. It also says the "Base" MSRP which falls below the $60,000. Hopefully, they will add to the list of cars to confirm this.

I am not sure who you work for, but you should check for corporate discount. My company provide for x-plan AND and additional $1,000 discount for EV purchase/lease.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. My son actually is a Ford engineer so I am hoping to use the A plan at time of purchase.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. My son actually is a Ford engineer so I am hoping to use the A plan at time of purchase.
This should work fine. Most dealerships happily accept plan pricing, but it is optional and some might not. So before you put in your order with a specific dealer, or if you've already done that, you may want to get an email or note from them confirming that they'll honor A-plan pricing on your MME order. This will give you some peace of mind during the months between order and delivery, or let you know you need to switch dealers. (You'll get the PIN certificate directly from your son, and then you'll bring that to the dealer during the final paperwork.)

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

A little follow up. I wrote to the people at the NYDriveClean program about the rebate on the Mustang and this is the message I got.

“As the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E becomes available for purchase and delivery in the state of New York, we will begin to add the vehicle to our list of eligible vehicles. For battery electric vehicles with a base MSRP under $60,000 the Drive Clean rebate amount is $2,000 and should be applied at the time of purchase by dealership for eligible New York residents.”

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
I've used the Drive Clean rebate 3 times now, well technically the state paid out on two. My experience has varied from dealer to dealer. My advice is pay very close attention to your transaction. When I bought my 2017 Pacifica PHEV I was the first Drive Clean rebate they had ever done. They were nervous that the state wouldn't pay out the rebate and had me sign a document that I would reimburse them the money if the state failed to pay and they could produce proof saying so. They got their money from the state no issue. The second time for our 2019 Kia Niro PHEV the dealer tried to short me $100 saying the rebate was only $1000 on the sale contract. That was solved by quickly showing them on my phone the Drive Clean website and politely informing them that I would let NYSERDA know they were trying to short me. They apologized quickly and fixed their error. The third time for our 2019 I-Pace, the dealer didn't participate in Drive Clean and didn't even know about it but when I showed them the website they took the $500 off themselves. They told me they didn't want to lose the sale over the $500. My dealer for my MME GT participates in the Drive Clean program and since the base MME is under $60k I look forward to getting the $2000 off this time. As a point of notice, please read the fine print on the rebate, it requires the owner to keep the vehicle for a minimum of 3 years or the state can come after the owner for the reimbursement of all or part the rebate.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to know. I was wondering weather all dealers handle the rebate seamlessly or not.
Sponsored