Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Super Bluetooth! She didn’t tell you she was in the early beta program? Part of the NDA most likely.’;)
Bluetooth relay attacks are real. I just never suspected my wife might be the attacker🤣

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Bluetooth relay attacks are real.
They are, it’s a genuine issue in urban and suburban settings in particular. In the case of the op, I was just wondering if both keys were in range. That could account for the odd behavior on start up.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
In the case of the op, I was just wondering if both keys were in range. That could account for the odd behavior on start up.
Indeed it could. That said, there’s definitely something else happening in some cases and it seems the issue is more prevalent than can be explained by dueling key fobs…

maverickangel35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
Literal same! Thankfully my husband and I are the same height so it's not a huge deal and I've finally gotten used to making sure it's on the right profile before I start driving but still annoying. It's my car, I'm the one driving it 80% of the time... why on earth would it randomly switch to his profile when he hasn't been anywhere near it?! Baffling. Oh well I still love it.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Literal same! Thankfully my husband and I are the same height so it's not a huge deal and I've finally gotten used to making sure it's on the right profile before I start driving but still annoying. It's my car, I'm the one driving it 80% of the time... why on earth would it randomly switch to his profile when he hasn't been anywhere near it?! Baffling. Oh well I still love it.
So, then there’s the issue of whose phone becomes primary when both of us are in the car with both of our phones. For some reason, it’s always hers. Doesn’t matter who is driving, which profile is active or which key/PAAK/Fob is working. I think it’s all part of the car’s sense of humor, like the kick to open game. 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:
Sponsored