Old Ford chime when door is open

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag

I've noticed this the last week and actually caught it on my phone. My car will play the old Ford chime when I open the door before the car is on. Once I turn the car on, my car plays the normal Mach E noises. I had an over the air update about a week ago.

I also noticed a blue box above the car icon on the dash console that looks like a debug icon for the radar sensor. The car is only a month old from delivery. Anyone else notice these?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Old Ford chime when door is open PXL_20220918_192648336.MP
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Make sure headlight switch is on Auto, there’s a bug in the switch software that happens very rarely.

The blue box is your following distance for cars in front of you. You can turn it off in the driver assistance settings

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
The blue box is on when cruise control is off. It shows how close you are to the car in front of you.

Blue is good. Orange (I think) is when you’re too close. Red is when you’re way too close.

I actually love this and wish more cars had it. It gets you to try and maintain a 3 sec response time distance.

Reactions: Bt3
OP
OP

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ah that makes more sense. I found it under the manual for pre collision assist now. I wonder if my previous software version wasn't displaying it for some reason, because I've always had this enabled. That explains it. Thanks everyone!

I've always had my lights on auto. I'll have to try fiddling with the dial and see if it resets some flag or something.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Ah that makes more sense. I found it under the manual for pre collision assist now. I wonder if my previous software version wasn't displaying it for some reason, because I've always had this enabled. That explains it. Thanks everyone!

I've always had my lights on auto. I'll have to try fiddling with the dial and see if it resets some flag or something.
It’s your headlight switch, you can see the dial has no lights at all in your video. The bug is: the dial will completely blank out and show nothing lit up, but the headlights are stuck in the on position. You just turn it and it’ll pop back on and you can put it on auto.

DELETED MEMBER mikeippo

It’s your headlight switch, you can see the dial has no lights at all in your video. The bug is: the dial will completely blank out and show nothing lit up, but the headlights are stuck in the on position. You just turn it and it’ll pop back on and you can put it on auto.
Thanks! I thought it was a bug in the new over-the-air update. I was ready to complain about the crazy person who thought we needed a chime to remind us the driver's door was open. :)
Sponsored