Blue Meanie

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium Ext AWD Grabber Blue
Country flag
I just took delivery of my Grabber Blue Premium AWD ER Mach-E today. I was very surprised to find out it only comes with one key fob. I realize my phone, maybe my watch (haven't tried that) and probably soon the micro-chip in my dog will allow me to start the car, but only one fob? I'm sure I'll like using my phone as I get used to it, but c'mon Ford. It's almost a $60,000 car! I do like to have a fob in my hand sometimes and so does my wife.

Anyone get more than one fob with their Mach-E?
Sponsored

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
A lot of manufacturers are only including one fob as there is a microchip shortage. At least that is the way I understand and was told by Audi when we looked at the E Tron. However, both of our 2022 MMEs came with 2 fobs each.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Ford includes 2. Probably your dealer is holding it for a Profit. All Mach E's manufactured since July 2021 have 2 fobs.......Did you get your floor mats?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
All Mach Es get two fobs. Early 2021 builds only gets them now via Ford program 22B10. Every one else should get both at delivery.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
All Mach Es get two fobs. Early 2021 builds only gets them now via Ford program 22B10. Every one else should get both at delivery.
Heck, I was told that my Job 1ā€“with one fobā€”doesnā€™t even fall under 22B10 (nor do I see it when I look it up on Fordā€™s website myself). I ended-up buying a second one, but honestly, I donā€™t ever use it. PAAK has been pretty great for me all things considered.

Still, I wouldnā€™t mind having a third. ;)

ETA: Well Iā€™ll beā€¦I wasnā€™t in 22B10 last week according to the website nor a month ago when I went to the dealer for something else and asked, but I just checked again for fun and itā€™s on the Ford website for me. I think I need to stop in at a dealership!

Last edited:

pr0t0c0l_dr01d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select eAWD
Country flag
Good luck getting the second fob Ford owes you. Iā€™ve tried two dealerships and theyā€™ve both told me the fobs are back ordered thanks to the chip shortage everyone keeps using as an excuse even though itā€™s supposedly over nowā€¦

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Good luck getting the second fob Ford owes you. Iā€™ve tried two dealerships and theyā€™ve both told me the fobs are back ordered thanks to the chip shortage everyone keeps using as an excuse even though itā€™s supposedly over nowā€¦
Call them and tell them you want to buy one and see what the answer is...

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Heck, I was told that my Job 1ā€“with one fobā€”doesnā€™t even fall under 22B10 (nor do I see it when I look it up on Fordā€™s website myself). I ended-up buying a second one, but honestly, I donā€™t ever use it. PAAK has been pretty great for me all things considered.

Still, I wouldnā€™t mind having a third. ;)

ETA: Well Iā€™ll beā€¦I wasnā€™t in 22B10 last week according to the website nor a month ago when I went to the dealer for something else and asked, but I just checked again for fun and itā€™s on the Ford website for me. I think I need to stop in at a dealership!
yeah it was finally updated to include us job 1.5s!

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I just took delivery of my Grabber Blue Premium AWD ER Mach-E today. I was very surprised to find out it only comes with one key fob. I realize my phone, maybe my watch (haven't tried that) and probably soon the micro-chip in my dog will allow me to start the car, but only one fob? I'm sure I'll like using my phone as I get used to it, but c'mon Ford. It's almost a $60,000 car! I do like to have a fob in my hand sometimes and so does my wife.

Anyone get more than one fob with their Mach-E?
I have a Job 1 and just received a second fob with the CSP
Sponsored