Open liftgate with PAAK without opening car door first?

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
I use PAAK and it seems there is no way to use the button on the rear liftgate to open it when the car is locked, without first opening a door. I know I could use the FordPass app but that's not that convenient and opening a door just to open the liftgate is also silly. Even being able to unlock the doors without opening them would be super useful without using the app or the door keypad. I thought the lock icon on the pillar above the door button would unlock but seems to only lock the doors.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I use PAAK and it seems there is no way to use the button on the rear liftgate to open it when the car is locked, without first opening a door. I know I could use the FordPass app but that's not that convenient and opening a door just to open the liftgate is also silly. Even being able to unlock the doors without opening them would be super useful without using the app or the door keypad. I thought the lock icon on the pillar above the door button would unlock but seems to only lock the doors.
That should work, you might need an RFA module update done on your car.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
My liftgate opens fine without opening a door first as long as I have my phone on me. It doesn't actually unlock the car, so when you close the liftgate, the car is still locked.
x2
And the auto open works, too...most of the time, at least 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Graction

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
Seems to be quite buggy. After work I was able to open the liftgate with the button but the car doors wouldn’t open! I even opened the liftgate twice and still doors wouldn’t open until I restarted the FordPass app. Then when I got home and locked the car the liftgate would not open unless I opened the door first.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
PAAK works fine on my 22 to open the lift gate, whether it's pressing the button or using the hands-free optin.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Seems to be quite buggy. After work I was able to open the liftgate with the button but the car doors wouldn’t open! I even opened the liftgate twice and still doors wouldn’t open until I restarted the FordPass app. Then when I got home and locked the car the liftgate would not open unless I opened the door first.
Just to clarify, opening the liftgate does not unlock doors. You need to approach door with PaaK, or fob, to unlock them.

OP
OP
Graction

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
Just to clarify, opening the liftgate does not unlock doors. You need to approach door with PaaK, or fob, to unlock them.
What I meant was I was able to open the liftgate with PAAK in my pocket using the button on the liftgate, but the car doors wouldn't open using their own door button. And then later I was not able to open the liftgate unless I opened a door first.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
After my 3 day ordeal, one of the issues I had before was when I went out to put stuff in the hatch, it would open just fine. Then I noticed for the past month, I had to go round and open the driver's door first, then I could push the hatch button and it would open. Even the FOB wouldn't open the trunk (it's a useless button anyway, push it twice and it unlocks, but you still have to lift it, and if you have to lift it, you are already there, may as well push the hatch button and lift, but I digress)

The first day, they did a Factory Reset, not the master reset we can do, but a FDRS? Factory Reset.

After I picked up eVee, I tried first chance and saw I can again open the hatch without having to open the driver's door.

Something is stuck on one of your modules I suspect...
Sponsored