jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
Placed my order yesterday for a select model. It says order accepted on Ford.com... now what? Am I supposed to get a call from the dealer? Also how do I know if the dealer will be charging additional markup on the price? Order says dealer selling price is 48,095 which seems like msrp.

thanks!
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Placed my order yesterday for a select model. It says order accepted on Ford.com... now what? Am I supposed to get a call from the dealer? Also how do I know if the dealer will be charging additional markup on the price? Order says dealer selling price is 48,095 which seems like msrp.

thanks!
Contact the dealer to let them know and ask them to go online to accept it. They should be reaching out to you but ...

Your order details has an exact list of the price. If there is no ADM the price will show only the MSRP plus the $1100 Destination and Delivery fee.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Contact the dealer to let them know and ask them to go online to accept it. They should be reaching out to you but ...

Your order details has an exact list of the price. If there is no ADM the price will show only the MSRP plus the $1100 Destination and Delivery fee.
thanks @ChasingCoral! The website says “order accepted” so the dealership should have done the right thing correct? I hate calling dealerships, so I think I’ll wait for them to call me..

As for ADM, with the below “dealer selling price” does it mean this dealer has no ADM? Thanks!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order accepted.. now what? 4E34CB0D-A60C-481D-9282-EB9DE9F480CC

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order accepted.. now what? 6E101B44-1DAD-42CD-879A-483C613A909A

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, you are set now.

If you want to avoid calling dealer, email dealership and ask them who is handling Mach E sales and get their email. (I don't blame you!)

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, you are set now.

If you want to avoid calling dealer, email dealership and ask them who is handling Mach E sales and get their email. (I don't blame you!)
Good suggestion! i will email them, and see what happens.. my luck with Ford Dealerships have been pretty disappointing ... if not for the Mach E, I wouldn't have considered them again... thanks for the help!

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
side question - if the order is accepted, can i still change my mind and go with a premium vs a select? or do i need to do another order, and cancel the first?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
side question - if the order is accepted, can i still change my mind and go with a premium vs a select? or do i need to do another order, and cancel the first?
I believe you can change before the production is scheduled for your unit, by calling the dealer and the dealer and submit the change. Once production starts order cant be changed. That is what my dealer texted me.

rickmendes

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended Range Space White
Occupation
Author
Country flag
Should I be worried? I talked to my dealer on Tuesday to make sure they had the correct order. They told me they were going to accept it that day.

Here we are on Thursday and the site still doesn't say the order is accepted. I emailed them this morning. May have to call again if they don't reply.

I can't think of any advantage they get by not accepting the order. I wonder if they just don't know how to do it.

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Should I be worried? I talked to my dealer on Tuesday to make sure they had the correct order. They told me they were going to accept it that day.

Here we are on Thursday and the site still doesn't say the order is accepted. I emailed them this morning. May have to call again if they don't reply.

I can't think of any advantage they get by not accepting the order. I wonder if they just don't know how to do it.
I am wondering the same thing. I think Ford should contact the dealerships on your behalf and "walk them through" what to do, if they don't respond to an order in a timely matter. It shouldn't be our job, as customers, to have to prompt dealerships to respond to online orders or explain to them how the system works.

rickmendes

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Author
Country flag
I am wondering the same thing. I think Ford should contact the dealerships on your behalf and "walk them through" what to do, if they don't respond to an order in a timely matter. It shouldn't be our job, as customers, to have to prompt dealerships to respond to online orders or explain to them how the system works.
Agreed. Thanks

rickmendes

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Author
Country flag
I spoke with my dealer today and it seems like they forgot to approve the order last time I spoke with them. They promised me it will be done tomorrow morning. I won't hold my breath.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I've been thoroughly unimpressed by the overall preparedness of Ford dealerships as a whole for this process. It seems most have less knowledge than the average fan on here. This vehicle doesn't seem to be a priority for them at all. Just doesn't seem to be a ton of communication from Ford and very little understanding and awareness on the dealerships part. Some seem to have great dealerships, but others are dropping the ball. I shouldn't have to continually follow up and tell the dealer's what they are looking for and where to confirm the information that I already know. I've done more research than most in the dealership have done, so I should get an employee discount.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I've been thoroughly unimpressed by the overall preparedness of Ford dealerships as a whole for this process. It seems most have less knowledge than the average fan on here. This vehicle doesn't seem to be a priority for them at all. Just doesn't seem to be a ton of communication from Ford and very little understanding and awareness on the dealerships part. Some seem to have great dealerships, but others are dropping the ball. I shouldn't have to continually follow up and tell the dealer's what they are looking for and where to confirm the information that I already know. I've done more research than most in the dealership have done, so I should get an employee discount.
Isn't that always the case LOL.

You think this has been painful: Try ordering a Focus Electric (who's sales volumes were no more than about 1500/year--you think a dealer doesn't care about a 50k vehicle, try a 1.5k vehicle! You'd be lucky to find one on the lot to drive before ordering--they didn't stock them).

You also have to keep in mind the "internet affect": People with problems will seek out forums like this one to find a solution and/or complain/notify others of issues. This amplfys the issue making it appear far worse than it really is. You see this A LOT in the RV industry (granted RVs have far more issues that cars).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to a dealer of any car brand that knew more about the vehicles they sell than I did.
So true indeed
Sponsored