mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Just called and changed dealerships. The person indicated that they put in the request and that it could take up to 5 days to change and they will send me an email once it is confirmed (also mentioned I could keep an eye out on my Ford.com site). For anyone who has called and changed, how long did it actually take for it to change on the Ford.com site?
I was told the same thing. I also called the dealer I switched to to give them a heads-up (not sure if they need to acknowledge to Ford at all the reservation). Hopefully order in by July 4!
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just got off the phone with the helpline. The lady on the other side was on the ball. No useless BS. Just gave her my reservation number, confirm it was me and I was able to make the change. She also will follow up the next few days to make sure everything is completed. Was expected to get someone semi-clueless like my first try. Props to her/Ford. ?

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I was told the same thing. I also called the dealer I switched to to give them a heads-up (not sure if they need to acknowledge to Ford at all the reservation). Hopefully order in by July 4!
Received the same information. Switched to a dealer that was much more formal and communicated no ADM, X Price eligibility and full refundable deposit if final purchase is not made. Appreciate the formal responses versus the 'automated' bot responses other dealer kept giving.

I'll wait a few days for the change to go through then place the order!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ok, switching to Tuttle-Click Ford from Tustin to save $5000. Moral dilemma, based on saving me $5000, should I service the car at Tuttle-Click or Tustin (which is closer to me)?
You may not need any service as EVs are notoriously problem free. However if you do need service, I would use the dealership you selected for purchase. Not all dealers are created equal. Some have been known to find things to replace just to line their pockets. Your first dealer may be in that camp.

My $0.02....

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Well I got my order in but had trouble getting the reservation to the dealer I wanted so I went from Reservation #100006617 to Order 10084017 :(. Had five different reservation attempts since 11/17/19. When I reserved and ordered was able to get to the correct dealer at least!

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well I got my order in but had trouble getting the reservation to the dealer I wanted so I went from Reservation #100006617 to Order 10084017 :(. Had five different reservation attempts since 11/17/19. When I reserved and ordered was able to get to the correct dealer at least!
I hope that doesn't mean you lost the initial 6617 order placement. That would really suck. Hear someone had that happen (someone did a cancel & add, instead of changing existing). But they caught the error and was able to fix it. I would double check.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I called, Ford and the rep said she didn't know how to do that, she was very polite though!

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Called the customer support line and requested a dealership change. The support person said not a problem, verified it was me, pulled up my reservation and made the change. She said it can take up to 5 days, but in reality they have been happening quickly. Quick and painless. Goodbye to the dealer (Capitol Ford in San Jose, CA) that keeps giving me the runaround and won't commit to anything.

Last edited:

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Has anyone confirmed that a requested dealer change was processed? How long did it actually take?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Only wish the Finance Calculator would add in any Local or State incentives. NY has a $2,000 rebate on EVs with over 120 miles of range and under $60K. I guess I will add into the Down Payment. Would be nice to see it broken out as it effects the State Sales Tax for the vehicle.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Called the customer support line and requested a dealership change. The support person said not a problem, verified it was me, pulled up my reservation and made the change. She said it can take up to 5 days, but in reality they have been happening quickly. Quick and painless. Goodbye to the dealer (Capital Ford in San Jose, CA) that keeps giving me the runaround and won't commit to anything.
I had called last week and they gave me a case number. I called again a short time ago, I was told that the case opened last week had no case notes, it contained nothing. Now they have submitted another case. I don't know about painless, but I hope this attempt is quick. I went to talk to the original dealer on Saturday, they still seemed clueless. They said somebody would call me back after the weekend but I have not yet gotten a call.

vieto

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda HRV
Country flag
So I think the dealerships are reading this thread now and making adjustments.

I checked Autonation Ford Tustin today and they removed the $5000 ADM, but still have the $1500 deposit. Sounds like free market pressures are getting to some dealers, which is good.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So I think the dealerships are reading this thread now and making adjustments.

I checked Autonation Ford Tustin today and they removed the $5000 ADM, but still have the $1500 deposit. Sounds like free market pressures are getting to some dealers, which is good.
Just posted this in the No ADM thread. Noticed it, but don't plan on using them. Will wait for transfer of dealership to be complete and order from Tuttle-Click. The internet sales was more responsive than the Autonation guys. Emailed local sales + general manager and they were never able to commit to anything, and took too long to respond. I always needed to send multiple emails to them asking the same questions.

If they proactively contacted all the reservation holders and said, it was a mistake or sweeten the deal, maybe, just maybe some will stay.

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Just got an email back from my dealer Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights, MI

"We currently have 21 reservations and yours is the only Premium model reservation." Thought that was interesting, I'm wondering if everyone else is a GT or FE? I can see the GT being a really strong number of those 20 others.

Mine is actually an order now, got the confirmation on my Ford.com account. Per the dealer "Your reservation will be going into our Ford Web Based Ordering System as of today."
Sponsored