OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wondering, have you heard anything from Ford since you were assigned a case number?Please keep us informed. Our car was doing the same as yours. Like you I also talked to several techs who finally told me to get the car to the dealership. It went in for service on October 27 and it is still there. Several times Ford has told me that it wanted to keep the car while it kept trying to solve its issues. Last week Ford decided to replace the APIM (like Cherlin on this thread). If your car is “fixed“ in some other way, I would really like to know how that happened. In my opinion you have done the right thing by not taking it to your service department.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm in your same boat/Sync screen version/revision

When I go in for my recall, I'm asking/demanding they do all the TSBs/OTAs (They can force them with their connections) and seeing if that fixes my SYNC garbling every few weeks.

(got to the point where I feel like I should just reset the Sync screen when I get in)
I wouldn't push them too much for the sync update. Seems like if you're in this stuck state, the dealer can't update it either and they'll be keeping your car while they figure it out.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Just wondering, have you heard anything from Ford since you were assigned a case number?Please keep us informed. Our car was doing the same as yours. Like you I also talked to several techs who finally told me to get the car to the dealership. It went in for service on October 27 and it is still there. Several times Ford has told me that it wanted to keep the car while it kept trying to solve its issues. Last week Ford decided to replace the APIM (like Cherlin on this thread). If your car is “fixed“ in some other way, I would really like to know how that happened. In my opinion you have done the right thing by not taking it to your service department.
I'll be calling on Monday - they told me to wait five business days. I'll update this thread with a new post with what they tell me.

Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Has your 1.7 download been resolved?
Nope, still same problem. Going by what others are saying, it could take up to 2 weeks before it gives up and says that it failed to update? I'm curious to see what the resolution is to sockmeister's case as well.

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Nope, still same problem. Going by what others are saying, it could take up to 2 weeks before it gives up and says that it failed to update? I'm curious to see what the resolution is to sockmeister's case as well.
I still haven’t gotten the failed to update message on the app. For those that did, is Automatic Updates set back to On in the car? What happened after they get that message?

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
I still haven’t gotten the failed to update message on the app. For those that did, is Automatic Updates set back to On in the car? What happened after they get that message?
I received the second failed update message after about 3 weeks being in this so called stuck condition. Right after getting the new failed message on Ford Pass the automatic updates button was again set to on and Sync reported the older version.

However, the same day, things reverted back to what appears to be the “stuck” condition again where the update button is stuck to the off position and the Sync version is back to blanks or dashes “—-“. Also, the update page now merely says system is up to date but does not report any version. (It previously reported 1.6 before this whole thing started and erroneously reported 1.7.1 while in the “stuck” condition for 3 weeks or so”). I’m hoping three times is a charm. Fingers crossed.

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I received the second failed update message after about 3 weeks being in this so called stuck condition. Right after getting the new failed message on Ford Pass the automatic updates button was again set to on and Sync reported the older version.

However, the same day, things reverted back to what appears to be the “stuck” condition again where the update button is stuck to the off position and the Sync version is back to blanks or dashes “—-“. Also, the update page now merely says system is up to date but does not report any version. (It previously reported 1.6 before this whole thing started and erroneously reported 1.7.1 while in the “stuck” condition for 3 weeks or so”). I’m hoping three times is a charm. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the information, so I can anticipate what I may be getting down the road….Definitely is a major software fail!

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
This may sound silly, but has anyone tried the master reset?

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Hey guys; so my car is stuck in the limbo state since the beginning of the month (I have yet to receive the mail saying it failed) and I noticed that the WiFi connection in my garage is very weak.

whats the definitive answer to this? Do you NEED wifi to get the OTA? Or does the car uses it’s cellular connection for it?

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I am in the same boat as most people, I think. I received the failed to update message 2 weeks ago and then about a week later got the "Update successful" notification in FordPass, but nothing looks different. I don't have the frunk button, I don't have the notes app, I don't have Apple Map directions displaying on speedometer area.

Has anyone figured out a fix to get the update to actually... update?

I saw a few people saying after a few days their update just happened but mine has been 8 days now and still no changes.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'll be calling on Monday - they told me to wait five business days. I'll update this thread with a new post with what they tell me.
Update: I'll have to wait another week. As of yesterday, they're apparently up to cases people opened November 8th. I'll come back and update after Thanksgiving next week.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Update: I'll have to wait another week. As of yesterday, they're apparently up to cases people opened November 8th. I'll come back and update after Thanksgiving next week.
My car has been in this stuck state for over two weeks. So I have to contact Ford and open a case? All this time I thought it'll revert itself to the old version after some time.
Sponsored