Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I have automatic updates turned off because I want to control the process. This morning I got notification that 1.7.1 is available to update. So I went into the car and accepted the update. It didn't update immediately and now it says "update pending." When does the update actually occur? I tried adding a schedule a few minutes out but that time came and went and it still says update pending. Can I coax it into updating?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have automatic updates turned off because I want to control the process. This morning I got notification that 1.7.1 is available to update. So I went into the car and accepted the update. It didn't update immediately and now it says "update pending." When does the update actually occur? I tried adding a schedule a few minutes out but that time came and went and it still says update pending. Can I coax it into updating?
Drive the car... Most of this update occurs while driving.

OP
OP
Chuck

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Well, that's a little scary.
The way it was explained to me is the file packages download and saved without affecting normal vehicle operation in any way. Then when it's all ready and the vehicle is shut down then the next restart would begin using the new programming. If there is a fault then the system is able to revert back to the previous programming.

This information was presented in a Ford seminar that I attended nearly 2 years ago so I am not sure if anything has changed since then. ?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, that's a little scary.
perhaps they have a specific time they send out the updates? I have auto update, and it updated to 1.71 in the middle of the day.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My update started 4 days ago and STILL has NOT completed!! So far, this has been more trouble than its worth!!
that's odd, I drove it in the morning, and late afternoon going to drive it again and showed the update as being done and completed.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
My update started 4 days ago and STILL has NOT completed!! So far, this has been more trouble than its worth!!
How? What's it doing to your car while it does it? Mine took about 3 weeks to fully install and I noticed very minor bugs while it was "updating." The most annoying was my preset channels didn't show their names, they showed this weird placeholder name on all of them, but it sorted itself out quickly enough.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
How? What's it doing to your car while it does it? Mine took about 3 weeks to fully install and I noticed very minor bugs while it was "updating." The most annoying was my preset channels didn't show their names, they showed this weird placeholder name on all of them, but it sorted itself out quickly enough.
After the failed attempt to upgrade the screen became so dim that you could barely see it. It’s been a couple days since I have driven the car but my Wife said the display was back to normal as of yesterday. So does this OTA really take that long to complete?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
After the failed attempt to upgrade the screen became so dim that you could barely see it. It’s been a couple days since I have driven the car but my Wife said the display was back to normal as of yesterday. So does this OTA really take that long to complete?
It seems like it varies depending on cell signal, possibly? To be honest, it wasn't worth it as much as I had hoped. Other than the CarPlay navigation in the IPC, nothing else was useful for me. I thought it would speed up the center screen, but it is still the same. Once booted, it still has slight lag changing screens, but I guess that's just how it'll be.
Sponsored