cdr_taggart

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've found that turning on the car without holding down the brake pedal, waiting a few seconds, then turning the car all the way on works when you get the "no key" message on the first attempt.
Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
i have noticed that it seems to work better when approaching the car from the front. lights turn on, pony light is projected and first time hitting the door button works. ford sent a message saying make sure Ford pass is open, phone is out and you are connected blue tooth to vehicle...easier to have actual key..

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Yes, that is because the on board computer gets real board while you are away and it may be playing Solitaire or Candy Crush when you come to start it.. A gentle tap on the shoulder is better than shaming if for multi tasking like that. Thanks for the tip.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Anyone notice that the little lock symbol on the front drivers door sometimes doesn't respond for many seconds after you turn off the car and close the drivers door? Sometimes I have to hit the one on the rear door and sometimes use the numerical two digit lock code instead. The little lock thingy seems to have a bit of a delay when you close up the car. maybe it's just mine..
Sponsored