Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Yup have a Duo here @sambastang . I don't use it much for PAAK as I always have the fob in my pocket.

It seems to reliably pull up android auto and the few times I've tried to use with with PAAK have been 50/50 or so: Sometimes it works after a few seconds, other times I have to go into the Ford Pass app and unlock the car.
@JamieGeek - fast forward a few weeks to today, and I got PaaK to work successfully on the Duo by clearing out the old keys in the car. Not sure if you've tried again lately or no. Unrelated to PaaK - I even got greedy and uploaded my profile picture. It was a very productive 15 minutes in the car this afternoon. :)
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
@JamieGeek - fast forward a few weeks to today, and I got PaaK to work successfully on the Duo by clearing out the old keys in the car. Not sure if you've tried again lately or no. Unrelated to PaaK - I even got greedy and uploaded my profile picture. It was a very productive 15 minutes in the car this afternoon. :)
PaaK works for me if I'm patient.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Cell service to use PaaK is unexpected. Must need an internet connection for some reason. I looked at the system diagrams and it appears to use the same components as RKE....that is how the car knows the phone is nearby. Based on your findings, there are more requirements then the mere proximity of the phone.
Question: What does "RKE" stand for?

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
This is probably an initial CYA thing from Ford. They might want a log of all access requests from a cell phone unlock if they ever get sued when someone's car gets stolen. Hopefully they can make this a local offline log that just uploads when reliable service is available if so.
I seriously doubt if Ford is concerned about getting sued because someone's car got stolen.

It's important to them that the cars are secure and difficult to steal, but not because they might get sued.
Sponsored