PAAK Should I Even Bother?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I suspect there's also a 4G component as well. It doesn't seem to work for me in remote areas with no service. Of course I haven't tried after the SSM update either...
I've tried it with cellular and WiFi turned off, and PaaK still seems to work fine. Perhaps there's some kind of timing where the phone has to check in with Ford servers every so often to make sure the key hasn't been revoked. If that's the case, long periods without Internet access could be an issue. I guess that's one reason to make sure you have a backup start code set.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Ok I finally had the time to enable PAAK. I wanted to give myself enough time to troubleshoot if there were any problems, which thankfully there weren’t any on setup. So far it works pretty well, it’s only been 12 hours though. I can understand where it comes up short though. Basically the car has to be seal enough and in range enough to establish the Bluetooth connection before you press the button on the door. When I was in my house all morning the car was always connected. As soon as I went to work and was a long distance away it didn’t reconnect as fast when I got close. They could solve this with updates though.

On the subject of updates, it does look like it had the SSM applied because I get the notification on walk away.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK Should I Even Bother? AEFA476B-CAA0-4AD5-A197-D4D9723B9BA0

So far wireless CarPlay has been ok. I had a few times where it wouldn’t connect, but that was when I had turned the car off, and then back on a few minutes later without having gotten out and locked it.

We’ll see how it all shakes out over time. My next test is to get a faraday bag and put my fob in it to see if I can live with just PAAK.

Thank you to everyone for the help and advice!!

SheddMachStang325

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
We (my wife) are having consistent issues with our PAAK... It is not longer recognizing her standing next to/approaching the car. So she is having to open FordPass, hold the unlock key.... That is not a winning situation for my wife, who is wary of tech as it is. Frustrated phone calls are not awesome either. I've completely removed my phone from the BlueTooth history and simplified any other of her daily workflows.

Joekoehler60

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
The whole point of PAAK is so you don't have to carry a key. Mine works maybe 50% of the time. It's terrible marketing for Ford and embarrassing for me, when an excited friend asks to see my car and I can't open the damn door using PAAK. I just stand there looking stupid stabbing the button repeatedly until it eventually opens. Very dissappointing
Sponsored