Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Somehow, I have little white spots, like 4 of them, on the inside of the passenger door, on the black door panel material at the top of the door, beneath the window. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't come out, and to be honest all you'd see is ... white dots on the door. The car didn't come with them or anything - it happened a couple of weeks ago.

It doesn't seem to come off with basic water or fingernail work. I think it's paint or something but I have no idea how it got there. In any event, my question is, is there a safe way to get this off the door without ruining the coloring of the door panel?
Sponsored

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Try mild dish soap and water, with a stiff plastic bristle brush. If the paint is water based, it will scrub off. Good luck!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Somehow, I have little white spots, like 4 of them, on the inside of the passenger door, on the black door panel material at the top of the door, beneath the window. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't come out, and to be honest all you'd see is ... white dots on the door. The car didn't come with them or anything - it happened a couple of weeks ago.

It doesn't seem to come off with basic water or fingernail work. I think it's paint or something but I have no idea how it got there. In any event, my question is, is there a safe way to get this off the door without ruining the coloring of the door panel?
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this paint concern on my end.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this paint concern on my end.
I mean.... the Dealership is not going to do anything but give him a bill for a detailing service. If even that.
@GoGoGadgetMachE Are they "raised" bumps, like paint drops? Or do they appear to be dents?

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
thanks for reaching out. It's not something that Ford can help with though, meaning it's not something from the factory or something. I just got something on it somehow. I don't expect Ford to cover it. 🙂

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
They are very flat. I can't really even feel them with my fingernail that much.
Try isopropyl alcohol and rubbing with a microfiber cloth. If that doesn't work, I recommend a mild rubbing compound or heavy polishing compound, which should take them off.

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Try isopropyl alcohol and rubbing with a microfiber cloth. If that doesn't work, I recommend a mild rubbing compound or heavy polishing compound, which should take them off.
do I have to worry about damaging the door panel coloring with any of that? not even sure a good place to test it out that wouldn't be super visible...

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
do I have to worry about damaging the door panel coloring with any of that? not even sure a good place to test it out that wouldn't be super visible...
No, isopropyl alcohol won't damage car paint. What will damage it is any kind of grit in whatever you're rubbing it with.
If the isopropyl doesn't work, then you may have to try the rubbing compound.

If you're worried though, Try lightly rubbing with the isopropyl in an inconspicuous spot first.
Edit: I'm assuming the isopropyl alcohol is the kind you buy over-the-counter, diluted at 10% or so.

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No, isopropyl alcohol won't damage car paint. What will damage it is any kind of grit in whatever you're rubbing it with.
If the isopropyl doesn't work, then you may have to try the rubbing compound.

If you're worried though, Try lightly rubbing with the isopropyl in an inconspicuous spot first.
Edit: I'm assuming the isopropyl alcohol is the kind you buy over-the-counter, diluted at 10% or so.
Cool, I will give this a try, thanks.
Sponsored