21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I had my brake calipers painted as well.

However, I note the OP here had the entire front caliper painted. IMHO this might not be a good idea... the big round metal discs in the center of the caliper are (so I've been advised) movable parts and should remain paint free.

Just a point for others here planning their paint jobs. I cannot confirm or deny the accuracy of the statement about those round movable caliper parts that a tech had shared with me, but considering the criticality of automobile brake systems...

My paint job pic is attached. Pls see my front calipers.

Mach E in driveway 2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
I had my brake calipers painted as well.

However, I note the OP here had the entire front caliper painted. IMHO this might not be a good idea... the big round metal discs in the center of the caliper are (so I've been advised) movable parts and should remain paint free.

Just a point for others here planning their paint jobs. I cannot confirm or deny the accuracy of the statement about those round movable caliper parts that a tech had shared with me, but considering the criticality of automobile brake systems...

My paint job pic is attached. Pls see my front calipers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Painted brake calipers on my Premium (pic heavy) Mach E in driveway 2
yeah, I don't think it matters. Considering all the factory ones are fully painted I can't imagine painting them will do anything. Plus if they do move enough, they would just remove the paint.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
yeah, I don't think it matters. Considering all the factory ones are fully painted I can't imagine painting them will do anything. Plus if they do move enough, they would just remove the paint.
It appears to me that the factory-painted caliper parts are painted separately before their assembly.

Manufacturing costs being a primary variable under consideration during the design process, IMHO if there had been no difference or risk in function, then the calipers would indeed have been painted after assembly with one unitary coat of decorative paint.

Assembly of already painted components is always a more expensive option, and therefore to be avoided unless there is a risk of functional compromise.

Best!

PJS3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
So I bought and installed the same system... Mine chipped under high pressure wash. They (G2) say there is a 100% Product Performance Guarantee. I put in a claim. Edit: [After having already PURCHASED another kit to fix the chips. I suggested a refund of the cost of the second kit I purchased]

First response from then says:

1. "It does appear that your calipers have a zinc coating on them. This coating would prevent any other product to properly adhere and needs to be sanded off."

2. "Since the kit was not purchased directly from us, I cannot guarantee a refund. I will try to reach out to the vendor and work with them on processing a refund for you."

Smh.... I'm not optimistic. We shall see!

How has your held up? Here's a couple pics of mine.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Painted brake calipers on my Premium (pic heavy) IMG_3389

Ford Mustang Mach-E Painted brake calipers on my Premium (pic heavy) IMG_3393

Ford Mustang Mach-E Painted brake calipers on my Premium (pic heavy) IMG_3392

Last edited:
OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I bought and installed the same system... Mine chipped under high pressure wash. They (G2) say there is a 100% Product Performance Guarantee. I put in a claim. First response from then says:

1. "It does appear that your calipers have a zinc coating on them. This coating would prevent any other product to properly adhere and needs to be sanded off."

2. "Since the kit was not purchased directly from us, I cannot guarantee a refund. I will try to reach out to the vendor and work with them on processing a refund for you."

Smh.... I'm not optimistic.

How has your held up? Here's a couple pics of mine.

Mine have still held up well. I too use a pressure washer to clean my car as well.

I'm slightly confused though on your reaching out to warranty them. You first state they (I assumed G2) came back with a claim that your calibers had zinc and that needed to be sanded off. But then you said they will reach out to the vendor, which sounds like you were communicating with Amazon (which I linked to and assume you purchased from) not G2.

Hopefully they will cover another kit. When you first did it, how dirty were your calibers? I had used brake cleaner and a wire brush to really clean up the surface area for paint, my car also wasn't that old at the time so they were quite clean to begin with.

PJS3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm slightly confused though on your reaching out to warranty them. You first state they (I assumed G2) came back with a claim that your calibers had zinc and that needed to be sanded off. But then you said they will reach out to the vendor, which sounds like you were communicating with Amazon (which I linked to and assume you purchased from) not G2.
Yes, I did indeed purchase through Amazon. Didn't think that mattered for the Product Performance Guarantee offered by the manufacturer (G2).... but the way they (G2) responded, I guess it does.... smh.

But yeah, I submitted my warranty claim to G2 and above was their response to me.

PJS3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Hopefully they will cover another kit. When you first did it, how dirty were your calibers? I had used brake cleaner and a wire brush to really clean up the surface area for paint, my car also wasn't that old at the time so they were quite clean to begin with.
My calipers were pristine! 1 PD for LYFE! LOL... But yes, of course I hit 'em with the provided brake cleaner and everything.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I did indeed purchase through Amazon. Didn't think that mattered for the Product Performance Guarantee offered by the manufacturer (G2).... but the way they (G2) responded, I guess it does.... smh.

But yeah, I submitted my warranty claim to G2 and above was their response to me.
My calipers were pristine! 1 PD for LYFE! LOL... But yes, of course I hit 'em with the provided brake cleaner and everything.
Interesting. I agree it shouldn't matter where you purchased their product if you are trying to use their warranty. Yeah 1PD is the only way... bummer to hear G2 is trying to side step their guarantee.

PJS3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Interesting. I agree it shouldn't matter where you purchased their product if you are trying to use their warranty. Yeah 1PD is the only way... bummer to hear G2 is trying to side step their guarantee.

I just thought about it... Part of the story I left out. I didn't realize that they had this Product Performance Guarantee until I had already ordered another kit to repair the chips. Their guarantee is that they will REPLACE the kit. So in my claim I explained that scenario to them and suggested a REFUND of the cost of the new kit I'd purchased as a solution. Yeah, that's where they were coming from. I'll edit my original post.

Worst case, I hope they'll send me another kit I can either sell to recoup my funds or just use on another vehicle.

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m thinking about painting mine blue to match my stripes.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Painted brake calipers on my Premium (pic heavy) IMG_2995

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Painted brake calipers on my Premium (pic heavy) IMG_0372
I painted mine yellow to go with my 22’s and they have been on for 30k miles no issues

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
brake cleaner with a toothbrush. wet sand the face, 600 grit (hard to get into the small spaces)

use an etching primer.
then paint of one's choice
apply emblem/s
clearcoat x2

this has been my process for every car Ive modded, and never had an issue.
from the pics showing the sags and runs .... application skills are low, but a+ for taking the initiative.
id suspect no prep was done.
Painting is the easy part - all about the prep. and masking

Hi temp paints or decals are not required.

unless you track your car and seriously race it ... the calipers dont get hot enough to burn the paint.

PJS3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
brake cleaner with a toothbrush. wet sand the face, 600 grit (hard to get into the small spaces)

use an etching primer.
then paint of one's choice
apply emblem/s
clearcoat x2

this has been my process for every car Ive modded, and never had an issue.
from the pics showing the sags and runs .... application skills are low, but a+ for taking the initiative.
id suspect no prep was done.

Painting is the easy part - all about the prep. and masking
Owning up. No sanding done at all. Will definitely do that on the 2nd try though.

By the way... G2 did get me a refund! So cudos to them!

nuMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AWD
Occupation
eng tech
Country flag
patience is the way
several very light coats wait for the flash-off time between coats to pass.
result will be much better
I only learned by messing it up like most others do starting out
having the grit to try ... and retry. call it character building :)
Sponsored