Pet mode...where is it?

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
So I know this has been talked about, but I do keep hoping Ford will patch this in at some point. Tesla has it, but I haven't really seen or heard any reason why ford or other EV makers don't. Any guesses?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So I know this has been talked about, but I do keep hoping Ford will patch this in at some point. Tesla has it, but I haven't really seen or heard any reason why ford or other EV makers don't. Any guesses?
So there is no dedicated "pet mode" but with 1.7.1 and 1.8 sync updates, you now have a note pad that you can write on it and you can leave your car on as long as you want, just turn off the "auto power off" setting. This basically what Tesla users did before "pet mode" was introduced.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Inquiring dogs want to know! ??

• Haha
Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
locks66

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
So there is no dedicated "pet mode" but with 1.7.1 and 1.8 sync updates, you now have a note pad that you can write on it and you can leave your car on as long as you want, just turn off the "auto power off" setting. This basically what Tesla users did before "pet mode" was introduced.
Is there a way to turn off auto power off? I swear mine only lets me go to 30 minutes max or like 5 minutes on the low end.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there a way to turn off auto power off? I swear mine only lets me go to 30 minutes max or like 5 minutes on the low end.
Yeah, it is in settings, I think general or vehicle, can't remember where right now, but there is definitely an "off."

OP
OP
locks66

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Look at that...vehicle power down timer ????.

Appreciate the help! Still hopeful we will get a dedicated pet mode too!

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I see how that will work but you need to put some kind of note on the car. Tesla has their screen indicate that the car is being cooled or heated for your pet. Someone may come along and think you are abusing your animal by leaving it in a car that is not conditioned, and smash your window to get the animal out. They could call the cops too, assuming they having nothing else to do and are willing to come out. Both situations are not ideal for the lack of 50 cents worth of paper and ink. Even better yet, Ford can realize that Tesla has a great idea, copy it and install it as a software update for their customers. However, pride goeth before a fall so that is not likely to happen.

OP
OP
locks66

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
I see how that will work but you need to put some kind of note on the car. Tesla has their screen indicate that the car is being cooled or heated for your pet. Someone may come along and think you are abusing your animal by leaving it in a car that is not conditioned, and smash your window to get the animal out. They could call the cops too, assuming they having nothing else to do and are willing to come out. Both situations are not ideal for the lack of 50 cents worth of paper and ink. Even better yet, Ford can realize that Tesla has a great idea, copy it and install it as a software update for their customers. However, pride goeth before a fall so that is not likely to happen.
Did you not read his comment about the note pad?

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
Did you not read his comment about the note pad?
Would someone actually look in and read a note written on the screen?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure what you’re saying? Pet mode is exactly this the Tesla just has it pop up with the press or a button rather than you writing the note yourself. Although I think there is a wave to save notes so you can save a template, so to speak. I just what

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Not sure what you’re saying? Pet mode is exactly this the Tesla just has it pop up with the press or a button rather than you writing the note yourself. Although I think there is a wave to save notes so you can save a template, so to speak. I just what
I think @Caramel posted what the note should look like, minus the music choice. When you push the button in a Tesla, it goes into the pet mode for climate control and their info screen provides a note like the one below. This tells people on the outside of the car that our furry friends are safe and you are not cooking or freezing their little brains. If you can replicate the same on the MME screen, you are golden. If not, then the hand written note is your back-up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pet mode...where is it? 1638892013153

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think @Caramel posted what the note should look like, minus the music choice. When you push the button in a Tesla, it goes into the pet mode for climate control and their info screen provides a note like the one below. This tells people on the outside of the car that our furry friends are safe and you are not cooking or freezing their little brains. If you can replicate the same on the MME screen, you are golden. If not, then the hand written note is your back-up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pet mode...where is it? 1638892013153
Yes, but you quoted and replied to my comment where I am literally saying that this is possible in the MME and you go on about needing paper or something. You can leave the car on at whatever temp you want and then use the notes app the write exactly what that says, just no picture.

OP
OP
locks66

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Yes, but you quoted and replied to my comment where I am literally saying that this is possible in the MME and you go on about needing paper or something. You can leave the car on at whatever temp you want and then use the notes app the write exactly what that says, just no picture.
I think he was agreeing with and supporting you. Text tone is hard to read sometimes. Either way I think we are in agreement the screen sketch will work perfect to mimic the Tesla best we can for the time being
Sponsored