Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Just installed the "AIR DESIGN® GLOSS BLACK LOWER SIDE ROCKER PANEL MOLDING KIT", which I got from Ford Accessories using points. Ordered it online and had them in 3 days! This was my first time using the Ford Points for anything and found it very easy to do. I picked these out after seeing just one other post on here of the finished product so wasn't fully sure how they would turn out and how hard it would be to DIY. It's a very subtle change, which I do like the look and makes the GT PE standout a bit more. It doesn't really ride any lower than stock setup, so no concerns with more scraping. It does stick out more horizontally so just be a bit more careful when getting in and out.

The install is actually a lot easier than a first glance of the manual makes it look. Thus, anyone with just some minor car mod experience should have no trouble installing them. To date, there is no Youtube videos out yet on the install for a MME (the manual has a video link but that sends you to a 1 min video that just says "under construction", so I gave it a rare YouTube thumb's down. Just follow the directions and you should have no issues. Test fitting is key and that is easier to do with two people but I did it all myself. It's a sound product that uses a combination of existing factory screws and those awful plastic push pens, along with double sided tape and adhesive glue to keep it in place. One of the final steps is to drill a hole inside the front fender well (in the plastic only) for a final screw. I opted NOT to do that as I believe all the other methods to hold it in place are more than sufficient... but that is me. I wish my rear spoiler from AOSK was attached this good!

Below are a few quick pics I took just after installation. The lighting wasn't that great so will take more later and add here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pics of installed Ford/Air Design Side Skirts 20231013_174153_new side skirts

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pics of installed Ford/Air Design Side Skirts 20231013_173945_new side skirts

I did a post earlier on adding the red pen stripes and Performance Edition Logo:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...rt-stripes-on-their-mach-e.29431/#post-668434
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...decals-to-add-to-mme.28455/page-2#post-657607

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I never knew the Performance Edition had those additional badges!

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Just installed the "AIR DESIGN® GLOSS BLACK LOWER SIDE ROCKER PANEL MOLDING KIT", which I got from Ford Accessories using points.
Ford accessories says... $759.00 or redeem up to 151,800 Points

Looks good but yikes... that price tag...

How many points did this cost you?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Ford accessories says... $759.00 or redeem up to 151,800 Points

Looks good but yikes... that price tag...

How many points did this cost you?
I cant recall but I only bought this knowing i could use my points, which I had accrued after buying a Bronco and Mach E fairly close together (so had alot and still have quite a bit left over for other things). If I was paying cash it would have been a much harder sell.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just installed the "AIR DESIGN® GLOSS BLACK LOWER SIDE ROCKER PANEL MOLDING KIT", which I got from Ford Accessories using points. Ordered it online and had them in 3 days! This was my first time using the Ford Points for anything and found it very easy to do. I picked these out after seeing just one other post on here of the finished product so wasn't fully sure how they would turn out and how hard it would be to DIY. It's a very subtle change, which I do like the look and makes the GT PE standout a bit more. It doesn't really ride any lower than stock setup, so no concerns with more scraping. It does stick out more horizontally so just be a bit more careful when getting in and out.

The install is actually a lot easier than a first glance of the manual makes it look. Thus, anyone with just some minor car mod experience should have no trouble installing them. To date, there is no Youtube videos out yet on the install for a MME (the manual has a video link but that sends you to a 1 min video that just says "under construction", so I gave it a rare YouTube thumb's down. Just follow the directions and you should have no issues. Test fitting is key and that is easier to do with two people but I did it all myself. It's a sound product that uses a combination of existing factory screws and those awful plastic push pens, along with double sided tape and adhesive glue to keep it in place. One of the final steps is to drill a hole inside the front fender well (in the plastic only) for a final screw. I opted NOT to do that as I believe all the other methods to hold it in place are more than sufficient... but that is me. I wish my rear spoiler from AOSK was attached this good!

Below are a few quick pics I took just after installation. The lighting wasn't that great so will take more later and add here.

20231013_174153_new side skirts.jpg

20231013_173945_new side skirts.jpg

I did a post earlier on adding the red pen stripes and Performance Edition Logo:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...rt-stripes-on-their-mach-e.29431/#post-668434
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...decals-to-add-to-mme.28455/page-2#post-657607
So to be clear, this is an add-on layer below the current black door skirts, yes?

How does it work with the car's lift points and lift indicator triangles?

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
So to be clear, this is an add-on layer below the current black door skirts, yes?

How does it work with the car's lift points and lift indicator triangles?
Good question. I ran out just now to confirm. As I thought, the new skirt basically covers up the OEM piece in the same location but does not have triangles molded into the material. The pic below shows the new skirt in black (already filthy) to the left while the battery pack rail is to the far right. The hole in the top center is the proper lifting location for the front left area. You can still figure it out based on references but the absence of the triangles will make that task more difficult. I would suggest marking them better before anyone installs this. A bit surprised myself since Ford sells this as an aftermarket product.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pics of installed Ford/Air Design Side Skirts 1697508382279

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance but what do these do ?