smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platty, Explorer Platty, '23 Premium
Country flag
Both me and my son placed orders for a Mack-E within a day of each other and ordered the exact same car. Me as more of a "i'll see of I like it" but he is going from an 05 Yukon with 320,000 miles. His apartment complex provides free charging so he is excited about losing a $400 a month gas bill.

This will be the first electric for either of us. I'm going to install a charging station at my barn since I don't have a good way of setting one up at the main house. Also going to put one at our cabin since the boy mainly visits us there.

I've been trying to learn but would appreciate any other thoughts as to things we should do. Based on the website I have PLENTY of time to get ready so...
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. I’d suggest looking through the sticky threads in each category to get started.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When did you order? I was on Ford.com yesterday and no Build and Price.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Sorry to add onto this thread...
For MME orders placed before the 2022 MY order banks that closed last Friday, is there going to be any price increases from now till delivery ?

I keep hearing about price increases and can't figure out from the threads...

Will my dealer price change after I put in the deposit:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Placed the order for two... Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.29.51 AM

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
For MME orders placed before the 2022 MY order banks that closed last Friday, is there going to be any price increases from now till delivery ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Placed the order for two... Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.29.51 AM
Depending on when you placed your order. When Ford had a price increase, a price protection notice was distributed to dealerships shortly after, that detailed the specifics of price protection, who it covered, and what not.

A document for the upcoming price increase has yet to surface, however when it does, I hope we have a forum member to get that posted for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Ultimately, a dealer can attempt to do whatever they want, with regards to a price increase, but having a copy of the price protection statement is always good to have.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Ford may increase prices after you place an order. You will be price protected, i.e. you won't have to pay that increase.

Dealer can add a markup, but it's supposed to show on that screen. If they accepted your order, ask for the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). That will show the price. If they try to add markup later, contact Ford and file a complaint and they may intervene.

OP
OP
smcnair

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered one Thursday and one Friday. Knew the cutoff was Friday. My son just happened to order the same color I did. Will be interesting to see if I like it. I used to race Mustangs a long time ago so this one is a bit of a mystery to me.

Not worried about the dealer adding on any costs. I buy all my vehicles from them and have several fleet customers as clients that use them as well.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I would say the most common disappointments seem to be:
  • Not understanding that battery capacity is not fixed like the volume of a gas tank is. You'll have lower capacity when it's cold. You'll have lower capacity if you accelerate hard a lot (not just lower efficiency, but lower capacity too).
  • Range anxiety is real. Ford seems to be conservative in its estimated range on the display (Guess-O-Meter or Stress-O-Meter). Once you get the car, practice doing quick estimates of your real range based on the size of your battery (adjusted for cold), your state of charge, and your efficiency expectations.
  • Not understanding the wide selection of phone apps that help one determine when and where to charge when on a road trip.
  • Not understanding that the Mustang is not a luxury car like a Rolls or Bentley. It's a Mustang and handles as such (better, IMO).

OP
OP
smcnair

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Appreciate that. Range (actual) is something we were wondering about. Most likely if he ever takes a trip he'll just use one of our cars.

Gopher Adventure

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E CA Rte 1
Country flag
I would suggest looking into your electric company and see if there are any discounts/rebates/ programs that might benefit you. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked and my co-op offers off-peak charging at 6 cents per KWh, plus a rebate of $800 on a home charger and a $500 rebate on installation costs. You’ve got a lot of time to get those things taken care of. Welcome to the club!

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Ordered one Thursday and one Friday. Knew the cutoff was Friday. My son just happened to order the same color I did. Will be interesting to see if I like it. I used to race Mustangs a long time ago so this one is a bit of a mystery to me.

Not worried about the dealer adding on any costs. I buy all my vehicles from them and have several fleet customers as clients that use them as well.
If/when the dealer calls offering a cancelled order... consider it. My wife and did just that. She bought hers 32 days after reserving on line (her exact choices). I was offered my exact choices but for paint, I took it and got my car 5 months earlier than when my ordered car arrived.
Sponsored