"Please update in-vehicle settings to enable connectivity"

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Our MME just came back from the dealer where it got a software update to fix a charging issue. Since yesterday (while at the dealership) it displayed this error in the app: "Please update in-vehicle settings to enable connectivity" and the app won't let us change/manage anything.

Of course, the connectivity settings are enabled. I tried disabling them and turning them back on and no change. Tried resetting the FordPass app on my phone (wiping all storage and setting it up again) and still no change.

The only thing I can think of right now is a factory reset in the car. If that is likely to help I'll do it but if it's unlikely to help I'd rather not have to set everything back up.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Any ideas?
These things are always annoying. I think I'd delete and reinstall FordPass. It's fast and I think less painful than going through the vehicle settings to have them set to where you want them. The only question I'd have is whether the upgrade deleted your settings on the MME side.

OP
OP

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
These things are always annoying. I think I'd delete and reinstall FordPass. It's fast and I think less painful than going through the vehicle settings to have them set to where you want them. The only question I'd have is whether the upgrade deleted your settings on the MME side.
I'd already tried wiping and reinstalling FordPass. It's possible the software upgrade reset settings on the MME, but it's definitely showing that connectivity services on the car are on, and turning that off and on made no difference.

Do you think a factory reset in the car will help? Or just right back to the dealer?

pixelshiker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E CA Route 1
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I'd already tried wiping and reinstalling FordPass. It's possible the software upgrade reset settings on the MME, but it's definitely showing that connectivity services on the car are on, and turning that off and on made no difference.
I was seeing a similar issue (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/defective-module-causing-issues-with-ford-connectivity.4611/) and when I did a master reset and removed the vehicle it just got worse. I don't think it hurts to do a master reset but might be worth a trip back to the dealer based on what mine told me.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Our MME just came back from the dealer where it got a software update to fix a charging issue. Since yesterday (while at the dealership) it displayed this error in the app: "Please update in-vehicle settings to enable connectivity" and the app won't let us change/manage anything.

Of course, the connectivity settings are enabled. I tried disabling them and turning them back on and no change. Tried resetting the FordPass app on my phone (wiping all storage and setting it up again) and still no change.

The only thing I can think of right now is a factory reset in the car. If that is likely to help I'll do it but if it's unlikely to help I'd rather not have to set everything back up.

Any ideas?
I had the same issue after an update, I just turn off and on the enablement for all options via the center screen, the problem went away. I didn’t have to reset anything.

OP
OP

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I had the same issue after an update, I just turn off and on the enablement for all options via the center screen, the problem went away. I didn’t have to reset anything.
I turned those off and then back on and it did not help, sadly.

OP
OP

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Drive it for a while, it will go away.
Not a bad idea. That post linked above is scary.

I'm having weird PaaK issues (can't set up, says the name is a duplicate no matter what name I use, worked before...) but maybe those will fix themselves too.

Seems like a lot of their system is rather laggy...

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not a bad idea. That post linked above is scary.

I'm having weird PaaK issues (can't set up, says the name is a duplicate no matter what name I use, worked before...) but maybe those will fix themselves too.

Seems like a lot of their system is rather laggy...
Yup, give it time. It did clear for me and all I did was disable and enable. Left the dealer and it cleared at some point later.

I had also noticed it did clear right away, but did later on, could have been the next day.

OP
OP

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
It hadn't cleared after two days and I got impatient so I did a factory reset. In my case, it activated instantly after and it also cleared up the issue!
Sponsored