Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not sure if I should add to this older post but didn’t want to start a new thread. Forgive me for my lack of technical knowledge.
i got the 12v battery drain message and took it to the dealer. They said the battery sensor was bad and replaced it. Once replaced it showed that the DC-DC converter was bad and are replacing that now. My question is should I be worried about the 12v battery or is that not connected to such a fault?

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Not sure if I should add to this older post but didn’t want to start a new thread. Forgive me for my lack of technical knowledge.
i got the 12v battery drain message and took it to the dealer. They said the battery sensor was bad and replaced it. Once replaced it showed that the DC-DC converter was bad and are replacing that now. My question is should I be worried about the 12v battery or is that not connected to such a fault?
The DC-DC converter is what charges your 12v battery, so if it fails then it does make sense that your 12v battery was not getting properly charged thus maybe the battery messages and errors.

The DC-DC converter in this case performs the same function as an alternator in an ICE vehicle.
Sponsored