jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
Drove out from Denver to Las Vegas over the weekend. First long trip since Christmas when all Electrify America charging was free. I signed up for the $4/mo Electrify America account and I have Plug N Charge enabled (at least as best I could figure out). Out of ~8 charging stops, 2/3 of the time, I simply plugged in and after 10-15 seconds, got a message stating Authorized and the car started charging. The other 2 or 3 times it didn't just work and I had to authorize manually. Not knowing what I was doing, I triggered one session by holding my phone up the reader and ended up paying the full retail rate. The next time I figured out how to trigger the session from my EA app to get the member rate. I apparently had 500 kWh free in my Ford account and used about 200 of them on the way out. Driving home, I'll try to get my charging triggered via Ford Pass if it doesn't automatically work.

All in all, pretty painless - 75% success in just plugging in and getting a charge.
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
If you have 500kwh free you don't need the EA app. Just activate Plug and Charge and go.

After you use those freebies, disable P&C and use the EA app. Then the easiest method is to activate the session from the app. Choose the station number, then plug in and swipe to start. You then click continue on the station and you're all set.