Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Honestly, I am not sure how we can help you. You're going to have to decide on what makes sense for you, or at least what you think you will be happy with. My priorities are probably different than yours, which will be different from someone else's.
Sponsored

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Depends wether you want a sporty sedan or a crossover, personally I won't buy a sedan anymore; MME is more comparable to Model Y.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
As others have said, everyone is different so it really is hard to second guess as what I may like and class as deal breakers you may find the complete opposite.

However I do have the polestar 2 down as an alternative as it has a lot of plus points and things I like. My ultimate decision will be based on how they drive but one plus point beyond the obvious for the polestar 2 is that I can already read the owners manual online lol

https://support.polestar.com/uk/polestar-2/2021/

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Polestar to me looks outdated, old school. The Mache is is way more stylish and new.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Well myself I would have to look at other dynamics of having the Polestar 2 vs the Mache.

How far away is the dealer? here In the United States very far.

What if there is a repair needed? faster and quicker with ford for sure.

Parts? How expensive are the parts if ever needed on the vehicle? I'm sure parts will be double than the mache.

Range? how much range do you really need? does it play a part in your choice?

Price of course. Does the price matter if not then the price for repairs won't either. I'm not rich enough for that choice lol.

Room? more room for storage in the mache then the polestar 2.

Polestar 2 does come with different size tires from the front to the back I think. So when buying tires have to buy different ones. How does that affect rotating the tires now?

Does headroom matter? more headroom in the back for sure in the mache then the polestar2.

too many reasons to list. At the end of day when spending this much money. I rather get what I want then settle to have a car just to get.

Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Thanks trutolife, as it is a company lease car I do not care about maintenance cost nor on dealer network. It is not paid by me myself but included in the lease price. My total cost of ownership is fixed and is for the P2 150 euro per month higher regardless of any maintenance, repair, mileage etc.
In Europe it will be maintained by selected Volvo dealers> the network of Volvo it is quite simular to Ford in Europe
Range is important for me but the MME and P2 are comparable, slightly better perhaps for P2 (WLTP at least)
What is better for P2 is charging level: 150 KW instead of 115 (SR) and it seems that P2 has a very good charging curve in practice too

We dont know the practical curve of the MME but with 115 it can only be worse than P2

The thing that makes me reluctant is the size of the P2. Is is rather a small car. Being a SUV I expect the Mustang offering more interior space, especially in the second row and in the trunk.

The model is a matter of taste of course. I really like the MME shape but also the Polestar is, perhaps more conventional, also a nice piece of design. I like the interior of the P2 more: it is more high -end and perhaps just on level up compared to MME.

In half an our I have an appointment at the P2 dealer with my family and we will test the size with the 4 of us. Really a pity that we cannot compare both cars in person.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well myself I would have to look at other dynamics of having the Polestar 2 vs the Mache.

How far away is the dealer? here In the United States very far.

What if there is a repair needed? faster and quicker with ford for sure.

Parts? How expensive are the parts if ever needed on the vehicle? I'm sure parts will be double than the mache.

Range? how much range do you really need? does it play a part in your choice?

Price of course. Does the price matter if not then the price for repairs won't either. I'm not rich enough for that choice lol.

Room? more room for storage in the mache then the polestar 2.

Polestar 2 does come with different size tires from the front to the back I think. So when buying tires have to buy different ones. How does that affect rotating the tires now?

Does headroom matter? more headroom in the back for sure in the mache then the polestar2.

too many reasons to list. At the end of day when spending this much money. I rather get what I want then settle to have a car just to get.

Good luck with your choice.
As someone who now drives a 2008 Volvo S80 with over 250k miles (haven’t been driving much during the pandemic or It would be much more by now) I also considered the Polestar 2. I liked that it was a sedan with luxurious interior. The deal breaker for me was the distance to the dealership. Whereas there are 3 Ford dealership within 15 miles of me, I think the closest dealership listed online for the Polestar 2 was Manhattan. (?!) Also when I built the car online I didn’t like any color—unlike the MME where I wished I could buy several colors as they were all so beautiful (kind of like I do with shoes :) Actually I think it was like love at first site when I first saw the MME. I wanted an EV as my next vehicle but wasn’t that excited with any that were available until that point.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
@FWE

I have driven the Polestar and been able to sit in the MME see icon on the left...

The Polestar is significant smaller and the range was decreasing faster than the distance driven in mixed roads so WLTP range i don't think so.

The MME mmmmhh not driven yet:(

If you buy the MME with the large battery it is the same price as the Polestar 2 and you get significant more range, the big difference is AWD VS RWD.

Last edited:

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
If I had to choose, I would go for the Mustang Mach-E. My wife had three leased Volvos for her job, and one was a 850 Turbo. It was nice to drive but expensive to service at the only dealer and service shop in all of Puerto Rico. The new Polestar is much more expensive and may have the same type of servicing trouble.

She also drove a 1980 Mustang which was easier to get service, or to do it myself. There are three Ford dealers near my home, and several shops that sell parts and service Fords, although the Mach-E is too advanced for them now.

So when I include pricing and servicing an EV, the Mach-E wins big in my area. And as a final detail, the Mach-E is an all American Mustang (remember that Mexico is part of America), while the Volvo Polestar is an European import of a Chinese ownership.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
In May I had the chance to switch to the 2020 Polestar instead of the 2021 MME RWD EXT TP+. The Polestar was approx. Eur 70 cheaper in bijtelling (tax), so quite a choice to make. But finally I've chosen for the 2021 MME. On the other side the BMW 318i touring was the more expensive alternative (Eur +80 compared w/ 2021 MME).

For me the MME looks more cool and spacious. And the trunk is much? bigger, at least easier accessible.

Good luck with your choice ?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
As others have said, everyone is different so it really is hard to second guess as what I may like and class as deal breakers you may find the complete opposite.

However I do have the polestar 2 down as an alternative as it has a lot of plus points and things I like. My ultimate decision will be based on how they drive but one plus point beyond the obvious for the polestar 2 is that I can already read the owners manual online lol

https://support.polestar.com/uk/polestar-2/2021/
That is so because the Polestar 2 is in production. Just wait until November and you can read the Mach-E owner manual online, as Ford provides this feature for all of their vehicles. I will predict that the Mach-E drive is much better, too.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thanks. The bijtelling for P2 indeed is about 150 euro higher per month but still less than my current car.
I am impresswd by the charching curve of the Polestar compare to its competitors that is also in this forum.
We do not know how the MME fits in, but we know Polestar has done a good job here.
Indeed the P2 feels a little like a cocoon but my current car ( BMW 520D 2017) has a simular driver oriented position but the cocoon is much larger.
Let us know what you ultimately decide. And if it is the Polestar, please give us all some real-world updates on your experiences with the car.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
That is so because the Polestar 2 is in production. Just wait until November and you can read the Mach-E owner manual online, as Ford provides this feature for all of their vehicles. I will predict that the Mach-E drive is much better, too.
Well lets hope so as being able to read manual in advance is useful and helps answer a lot of unknowns and possible deal-breakers.

I also hope the demonstrators turn up before I have to convert my reservation as while I hope the mach-e drives well, I don't like that the European versions are get the better suspension tuning so will have to drive it to make my final decision if it rolls around like an escape I am going to have to have a serious think.

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Thank you all for your useful contributions. Much appreciated!
I drove the P2 for the second time, together with my wife and two teenagers in the second row (15 and 17).
We made a decision and have unanimiously choosen for the P2.
Main reason is the driving experience (406 HP, AWD and lots of torque) and the more luxurious interior. The look and feel is good. It is a pity we could not see nor drive the MME in person. Perhaps that would have made the decision even more difficult.
The P2 has all options of the premium / FE and I like the dashboard better.

Servicing and maintenance is not an issue for me being a company lease car. It's not my problem as they pick up the car at my office and return it in the evening in case of maintenance.
The MME was also a good decision but it feels ok now.
Next thing is the color of the car and indeed the number of colors is limited. I might go for Thunder, a grey shade. My wife likes Magenesium which is off White. Luxury problems....
Expected delivery in Febr 2021.
Hope for you guys that MME will be in full production soon and if I see one driving early next year I will always think that could have been mine. Perhaps the next one in 2.5 years time will be a MME.
Sponsored

Last edited: