Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think Ford will be more accurate (or at least err on the more cautious side in it's estimates), but still wanting real numbers.... do we have any idea when there will be government official numbers?
Yes. Between note and the time the first customer cars reach the dealers.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
honestly I can't imagine why anyone would trust them with anything right now. "car stopping while in the middle of the road" is not a small problem (it's literally a life-threatening problem because it can be a direct cause of a life-ending crash) and it speaks to a major lack of basic testing and quality control in the software at a level that should be embarrassing for all concerned.
This situation just happened to me about 8 hours before your post, while traveling on a rural highway between Blanding and Natural Bridges National Monument in southern Utah. Except it wasn't a Polestar 2, it was an ICE car, Honda CR-V. The computer went nuts and suddenly nearly every system was disabled... TPMS, ACC, crash mitigation, lane departure mitigation, etc, etc. Then the car coasted itself to a complete stop. Pretty scary on a road with lots of blind hills/slopes, high speeds, and miniscule shoulder!

Luckily no one was behind us. I was able to restart the car, pull off to a nearby dirt road where I spotted an RV parked, and borrow a wrench to disconnect/reconnect the battery. Then all was good!

Computers suck. :)

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Indeed consumption of P2 is little disappointing compared to their initial promise. Maybe they can still tweek a little by OTA as was done in the Ipace.
Curious how MME will perform in real life.
Being a SUV I expect a similar consumption for the AWD.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Short review from my side. had a ride-along session with the Mach-E and a 1hour test drive of the Polestar 2 yesterday.
Drove from the Ford Store where i had the ride-along directly to the Polestar Space for the test drive

Mach-E:
+ Design
+ sporty
+ screens
+ trunk and frunk space
- door handles on the outside (would have loved the first version, without winglets > grap to open)

Polestar 2:
+ Panoramic roof, slightly nicer
+ mirrors
+ buttons/handles inside door (for changing mirrors or opening the door from inside)
+ switches drive modes easily
- enter car = automatically on, really weird to experience
- Door handles on the outside
- Google Auto

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Short review from my side. had a ride-along session with the Mach-E and a 1hour test drive of the Polestar 2 yesterday.
Drove from the Ford Store where i had the ride-along directly to the Polestar Space for the test drive

Mach-E:
+ Design
+ sporty
+ screens
+ trunk and frunk space
- door handles on the outside (would have loved the first version, without winglets > grap to open)

Polestar 2:
+ Panoramic roof, slightly nicer
+ mirrors
+ buttons/handles inside door (for changing mirrors or opening the door from inside)
+ switches drive modes easily
- enter car = automatically on, really weird to experience
- Door handles on the outside
- Google Auto
I really enjoyed my test drive of a Polestar 2. I won't be buying because it sits too low. But the quality of the materials seems very high. Fit and finish was first rate, and I was a complete fan of the one-pedal driving by the time the test finished. Having not yet been in a Mach-e:

1. What did you like better about the Polestar 2 panoramic roof? Was there a difference in the amount of light the block?
2. Can you comment further on mirror switches? The idea of the inside door opening on the Mach-e seems very strange to me.
3. Was there something about the operation of Google Auto that was not good, or is it just Google? I quite liked what I experienced of the interface.

Thanks.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I really enjoyed my test drive of a Polestar 2. I won't be buying because it sits too low. But the quality of the materials seems very high. Fit and finish was first rate, and I was a complete fan of the one-pedal driving by the time the test finished. Having not yet been in a Mach-e:

1. What did you like better about the Polestar 2 panoramic roof? Was there a difference in the amount of light the block?
2. Can you comment further on mirror switches? The idea of the inside door opening on the Mach-e seems very strange to me.
3. Was there something about the operation of Google Auto that was not good, or is it just Google? I quite liked what I experienced of the interface.

Thanks.
i prefer the seat height of the Mach-E and also the leather.I had pain in my butt after an hour drive in the Polestar2.

1. Panoramic roof of the Polestar looks larger and clearer.
2. I mean the side mirrors.
3. Didn’t like the interface, has “little” options compared to other cars.

EE46FCC9-EEC6-4DBF-BF25-B0BE6CAAD4C6.jpeg

7F86B2FD-398C-4AF7-91F4-93D249A79661.jpeg

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
i prefer the seat height of the Mach-E and also the leather.I had pain in my butt after an hour drive in the Polestar2.

1. Panoramic roof of the Polestar looks larger and clearer.
2. I mean the side mirrors.
3. Didn’t like the interface, has “little” options compared to other cars.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Polestar or MME? 7F86B2FD-398C-4AF7-91F4-93D249A79661

Ford Mustang Mach-E Polestar or MME? 7F86B2FD-398C-4AF7-91F4-93D249A79661
Nice. I drove a blue one, a very nice color. Thanks for the information.

OP
OP

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Just to give you an update: my Polestar is on the ship as we speak and will arrive in Zeebrugge Harbour on the 25th December. Delivery expected on 12th Jan 2021. Ordered early October after cancelling the MME order. Not to bad. Keep you posted on driving experience. Hope your cars will arrive soon too.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
This pic is funny because I have deposits on both cars. Red Premium MME AWD Long Range and Thunder P2, but without the Performance Package. I just cancelled my P2 order as delivery was planned for December to give me time to finally decide between the 2 cars. I have'nt seen the MME yet, but I test drove the P2 in that picture. Loved my road test BTW, very fast car but easy to drive smoothly at the same time. OPD works perfectly in that car and feels natural almost immediately.

Why I paused the P2 order? Many issues reported on P2 forums and FB groups, disappointing range. The app is still non functional as well as phone as a key. I also do not need a car until April and putting a nice brand new car on our salt and dirt covered streets in winter is always a heart breaker. Closest service point is 250 km from home while the Ford dealer is within walking distance almost. (5km) On the positive side Polestar is acting quickly to resolve the issues and possibly a software update could improve somewhat the range by better managing the conditioning and battery heater.

Price of both are within $1K or so, the MME qualifies in Quebec for a governement subsidy of $8K after taxes but Polestar offset that by offering .9% financing over 6 years vs Ford at 2.9%. Factoring in the subsidy, monthly payments are close enough not to be a factor. Looking forward the 15 to start reading MME reviews!