jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
The MME FE went in for the windshield and moonroof recall/reseal (they ended up having to replace the windshield), and i got a polestar 2 ev as a rental for a couple of days. Enterprise gave me the EV as they knew i had sent in my MME to Ford (ford paid for it!). Enterprise was super proud of it - it's almost new (i think i was the 3rd rental on it), and it was the performance edition.

So after several days of driving
  1. I thought our MME was bouncy and stiff.... umm, the polestar 2 is worse!!! i don't know if it's the performance editions fault, as every review i watched on youtube said that it's a nice ride (BMW like) - hell no... yuck, didn't like it.
  2. acceleration on our MME is WAY more responsive (mind you, mine is NOT a GT and it's still more responsive), though i think the polestar performance is slightly faster to 60.
  3. MME is WAY roomier than the polestar - fine, the polestar is a sedan, but it's also a hatchback... didn't like the space
  4. polestars GuessOmeter seems a little more "confident' than our MME - it didn't jump back and forth... but perhaps because it's not that accurate, i notice it only gave me whole numbers for miles - so i only noticed 240 dropping to 230 to 220...never anything in between. Maybe that is the psychological thing
  5. I didn't know i liked the "on/off" button on our MMEs so much... sitting down and having the polestar turn on, then leaving it without turning it off (someone told me, it's like a tesla) is just TOOOO weird for me.
that said, having an EV rental was nice - didn't have to worry about gas, plugged it in... just wanted you guys to know about my experience.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The one I drove was opposite to what you experience. The rude in the P2 was much better than my FE. The P2 I drove had the adjustable shocks so maybe that was the difference?

I also liked 1PD much better in the P2 than my FE.

Agree on the interior space. The P2 felt cramped compared to the Mach-E and less storage as well. Also less range. I didn't like the Android Automotive nav as much as the Ford Nav.

Still a pretty neat car. I would choose it over a Tesla for sure.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The P2 I drove had the adjustable shocks so maybe that was the difference?
adjustable shocks? hmm... i didn't see this anywhere in the settings... now you are making me wonder if i had it stuck on 'stiff" or something... lol!

btw, i didn't like the android automotive thing either - but i think that is what future MMEs are going to come with.... :(

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The MME FE went in for the windshield and moonroof recall/reseal (they ended up having to replace the windshield), and i got a polestar 2 ev as a rental for a couple of days. Enterprise gave me the EV as they knew i had sent in my MME to Ford (ford paid for it!). Enterprise was super proud of it - it's almost new (i think i was the 3rd rental on it), and it was the performance edition.

1. I thought our MME was bouncy and stiff.... umm, the polestar 2 is worse!!! i don't know if it's the performance editions fault, as every review i watched on youtube said that it's a nice ride (BMW like) - hell no... yuck, didn't like it.
  2. acceleration on our MME is WAY more responsive (mind you, mine is NOT a GT and it's still more responsive), though i think the polestar performance is slightly faster to 60.
  3. MME is WAY roomier than the polestar - fine, the polestar is a sedan, but it's also a hatchback... didn't like the space
  4. polestars GuessOmeter seems a little more "confident' than our MME - it didn't jump back and forth... but perhaps because it's not that accurate, i notice it only gave me whole numbers for miles - so i only noticed 240 dropping to 230 to 220...never anything in between. Maybe that is the psychological thing
  5. I didn't know i liked the "on/off" button on our MMEs so much... sitting down and having the polestar turn on, then leaving it without turning it off (someone told me, it's like a tesla) is just TOOOO weird for me.
that said, having an EV rental was nice - didn't have to worry about gas, plugged it in... just wanted you guys to know about my experience.
Sounds like you got one of the Enterprise single motor Polestar 2s. The dual motor model accelerates much quicker (4.1 to 60) than any MME other than the GT. Also, the Performance model does have adjustable Ohlins dampers but they’re manual adjust, not part of a selective drive mode.

Tell me, did you hit your right knee on that monstrously wide center stack? It was deal breaker for my wife and I when we drove one last year.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like you got one of the Enterprise single motor Polestar 2s. The dual motor model accelerates much quicker (4.1 to 60) than any MME other than the GT. Also, the Performance model does have adjustable Ohlins dampers but they’re manual adjust, not part of a selective drive mode.

Tell me, did you hit your right knee on that monstrously wide center stack? It was deal breaker for my wife and I when we drove one last year.
no, i didn't hit my knee, but i never really got the seat to a place where i was comfortable in, also that center console arm rest and cup holder was awful!!! :p

I couldn't figure out if it was a single motor or a dual motor... but you may be right, as it was just not as quick... as for the ohlin damper - there didn't seem to be a setting for it, i looked through (what i thought) was all the settings.... it did have the yellow seat belts, which i believe only comes with the performance model.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
no, i didn't hit my knee, but i never really got the seat to a place where i was comfortable in, also that center console arm rest and cup holder was awful!!! :p

I couldn't figure out if it was a single motor or a dual motor... but you may be right, as it was just not as quick... as for the ohlin damper - there didn't seem to be a setting for it, i looked through (what i thought) was all the settings.... it did have the yellow seat belts, which i believe only comes with the performance model.
The Ohlins are only on the Perf models and by manual adjust I mean manual in the true sense - you get under the car and twist a knob on the damper itself 😂. Seems crazy in todays world I know. But kinda reminds me of using my Koni adjustment tool to stiffen my Koni Yellows with a few clockwise clicks of the knob.

And yeah, it was a single motor for sure, the dual motor makes our 4X feel a bit sluggish tbh.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Ohlins are only on the Perf models and by manual adjust I mean manual in the true sense - you get under the car and twist a knob on the damper itself 😂. Seems crazy in todays world I know. But kinda reminds me of using my Koni adjustment tool to stiffen my Koni Yellows with a few clockwise clicks of the knob.

And yeah, it was a single motor for sure, the dual motor makes our 4X feel a bit sluggish tbh.
SERIOUSLY - manual crank to adjust.... wow, that's backwards!!!

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

I wouldn’t base your opinions of the car necessarily on how the rental car drove.

Years ago I had a 98 Grand Prix. We also at the same time got a rental Grand Prix at one point.

I loved how my car drove. The rental? Drove like hot garbage. It didn’t even have much miles (like 10k).

I swear the first thing people do is take a rental off-road at 100 mph and destroy the suspension.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That’s old school tuner/racer stuff my man! Good times. 😂👍🏻
Heh, old school is the Koni Special-D we used to run. Had to take them off the car to adjust them. When externally-adjustable shocks became available, it was super-cool. When cockpit-adjustable systems came out, it was even more cool. Now we can adjust that stuff from out touchscreens. Super-convenient. 🤪🐩