Poll: Did your dealer succeed at installing BC 21G01?

Did your dealer succeed at installing BC 21G01

• Total voters

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Consider adding poll option: Yes, self-installed via FDRS

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Im in EA and had gotten stuck on 2.4.2 for a while now. I scheduled my appointment for end of April but, since 2 days ago I have been getting OTAs. Got 2.4.2 again and it succeeded this time and yesterday I got 2.4.3 and that succeeded too. Hopefully I get BC and dont need to go into the dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I took Marlin in Monday for glass recall and BC. Glass work is complete. Today they are reassembling him and then doing the updates. Hopefully will be clicking button #1 soon.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Technically I installed it myself, but it never activated with the server. Took it to the dealer to have them check it so....

I chose the option of "No, but dealer says it was" cause I suppose that's the closest

Bulldog

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red MME Premium XR AWD, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
R&D
Country flag
Took mine in for its 10,00 mile tire rotation. Of course, according to the repair order detail, I also received a...."coolant check, oil level check, belts and hoses inspection." Of course I did.

But more importantly they installed the 21G01 update. It took them 2 days. They said it continued to fail. Not sure what they did to finally get it to work, but the said they had to call Ford and were informed it could take up to 14 hours. They weren't aware of this so said they would be scheduling these differently in the future so one car doesn't hold up a service bay for so long.

But after the update was completed they reported the battery would not hold a charge. So they replaced the battery and now all is well.

So my supposed-to-be-boring-and-uneventful 10,000 mile service got me:
Rotated tires
21G01 update
Coolant check
Oil level check
Belts and hoses inspected
A new battery
A dealership car wash
A rental car for 2 days on the dealership's dime that was the size of a tic-tac on wheels
A trip to the gas station to fill up my mobile tic-tac....it took me a minute to remember how to use a gas pump.
A headache and a lot of frustration

And to top it all off, they let me know I would be receiving a survey and it would be really helpful if I could give them a 5 star review......

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
My dealer's service manager and tech were still under the impression as of last week that "Ford hasn't released the software yet"....Meaning there wasn't anything in FDRS that said "BlueCruise Update Download and Run!!!!"

You'll laugh but I'm convinced that's what most of the problem is. The techs are looking for the "BlueCruise" update, not realizing that updating all those various modules involved are what results in BC finally working.

They were a bit surprised when I sent pics of my MME, and then my F-150 PB, instrument clusters on the highway with BC working...and then I showed up at the dealer with 21G01 in hand and gave it to them, and said that I had performed the updates myself using FDRS. You should have seen the look on the GM's face. They claim they had never seen that 21G01 program memo.

Ahh well it's all done now.

Mike

Bulldog

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red MME Premium XR AWD, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
R&D
Country flag
My dealer's service manager and tech were still under the impression as of last week that "Ford hasn't released the software yet"....Meaning there wasn't anything in FDRS that said "BlueCruise Update Download and Run!!!!"

You'll laugh but I'm convinced that's what most of the problem is. The techs are looking for the "BlueCruise" update, not realizing that updating all those various modules involved are what results in BC finally working.

They were a bit surprised when I sent pics of my MME, and then my F-150 PB, instrument clusters on the highway with BC working...and then I showed up at the dealer with 21G01 in hand and gave it to them, and said that I had performed the updates myself using FDRS. You should have seen the look on the GM's face. They claim they had never seen that 21G01 program memo.

Ahh well it's all done now.

Mike

This the problem with the do-it-yourselfers......you don't get the benefit of the free oil level check completed by the dealer.

OP
OP
JCHLi

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It's not looking so good for dealers so far.. yikes.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
It's not looking so good for dealers so far.. yikes.
Spin the…
Blue Cruise Update:
Wheel of Unpredictability!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Poll: Did your dealer succeed at installing BC 21G01? 1649371659753
Sponsored